Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Some commentaries do not load properly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alleinx

Alleinx

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am faced with a problem now in that some commentaries cannot be read in the commentary window, except that their titles can be seen. The only way to view them is through launching the search. Here are the names of the modules with this problem that probably need rechecking by the developers: 101 Cleared-Up Contradictions in the Bible; A Testimony of Jesus Christ; Horatius Bonar Commentary; Bible Explained as well as some others. For example, Horatius Bonar Commentary is about the Book of Revelation. Whatever chapter or verse of the Book of Revelation may be opened, this does not open the corresponding part of the Horatius Bonar Comentary. Probably, the reference links to the corresponding Bible chapters and verses are broken and need to be restored. Or, maybe, there is another way to solve this. Please help.

Edited by Alleinx, 21 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Anything you would like me to check, list a specific link to it.

Some of the legacy commentaries created before 2011 may be down right embarrassing.

However, it sounds like some of the commentaries may have sparse commenting. You can search a commentary for the letter a and that will usually show every single comment in the commentary. That will at least show you where the comments are.

It could be that the commentary should have been further divided. Or maybe that the author did not have anything to say on a specific verse, but possibly on verses nearby.

Josh

#3 jonescomputer

jonescomputer

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

I downloaded Lange's commentary and ran the install, but it's not showing up in e-sword, I have restarted e-sword, but it's not under commentaries also downloaded and installed Pett commentary, it also is not showing.

Edited by jonescomputer, 23 February 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:12 AM

I downloaded Lange's commentary and ran the install, but it's not showing up in e-sword, I have restarted e-sword, but it's not under commentaries also downloaded and installed Pett commentary, it also is not showing.

Click on options - click on resources - make sure there is a check mark next to Lange's and Pett. If this doesn't work, go to the directory that contains your e-Sword modules and check to see if lange.cmtx and pett.cmtx are there. If not, you didn't install them correctly - install again.

Edited by journey, 24 February 2014 - 03:16 AM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 jonescomputer

jonescomputer

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:47 AM

The resource check box worked for Lange's, but I don't see Pett in there. I reinstalled it again but it still doesn't show. Where are the e-sword modules?

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:12 AM

Be sure that it was the resource for eSword 9+ and not an 8 one.

Jon

#7 jonescomputer

jonescomputer

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

Downloaded the .zip this time and it loaded fine, all is well

Thank You all

0 user(s) are reading this topic