Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

David Guzik Commentaries

4 replies to this topic

#1 kingsdghtr@bellsouth.net

kingsdghtr@bellsouth.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

I cannot download David Guzik Commentaries to my MacBookPro...when I download, it is a blank download that says there is not an application to open it.  

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:40 PM

e-Sword must be open and you don't click the module to open it. Click options from the main e-Sword menu - then resources - then look at commentaries and make sure there's a check mark next to "guzik". If so, "Guzik" should already be open in e-Sword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 kingsdghtr@bellsouth.net

kingsdghtr@bellsouth.net

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

The Guzik commentaries are not in the resources...it downloads from the bible support web site in to my downloads folder as a blank page and does not have an application that can open it.  

#4 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hi,

Are you talking about this resource?

http://www.biblesupp...tantial-update/

This specific resource is not a stand alone resource (none most of the resources on this site are not of the stand-alone variety). It requires being opened in the e-Sword software.

The one linked above is leads to two files *.cmtx and *.cmti.

The cmtx version is for the windows version of e-Sword and the cmti file is for the iPad version of e-Sword HD.

You can not click on the cmxt file and have the associated program open it. The cmtx file needs to be placed where it belongs (the working folder for e-sword) and open the e-sword program.

Since Guzik is a commentary, you then use the Commentary window to view it. You have to restart e-Sword after copying the commentary file to it's home folder.

Are we talking about e-Sword for Windows or for iPad?

If Windows, what version of windows?

Where did you put the file after downloading it?

Sorry my response is sort-of choppy.

If none of this helps, I'll try to be more detailed/precise.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 19 November 2014 - 05:20 PM.

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 06 April 2023 - 06:59 AM

Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword, has provided the Commentary "David Guzik" in Download, English, Free, with the Title David Guzik's Enduring Word Commentary, Copyright 2020 by David Guzik, All rights reserved, Used by permission, updated 2023-03-20 for e-Sword for the PC.

Also available as David Guzik (ES), in Download, Spanish, Free, with the Title David Guzik's Comentario de la Oalabra Duradera, Copyright 2020 by David Guzik, All rights reserved, Used by permission, updated 2021-04-01 for e-Sword for the PC.

For versions of these Commentaries for e-Sword for X for the Mac, e-Sword HD for the iPad, e-Sword LT for the iPhone, and e-Sword for Android check your own device options.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users