My crying and complaints are matched with earlier postings. These last post having to do with loading or not loading NET was not a solution for me, as I do not run NET versions.
I have this same problem the earlier postings talk about -- slow and freeze ups which for some is not so big a deal but for me it is annoying. The creative juices get to flowing and I suddenly find myself bring esword up for a verse check or to add something to my Topic or to check a commentary and everything slows down, esword, running in the back ground comes to the front and grays out while it is coming to life -- I wait and wait -- the creative juices poor out into thin air -- finally esword rises from the dead and I am back in business again, until I begin moving from one pane to the next. It has, on a couple of occasions, remained in the grave, and if you notice, when it goes into this dead zone the mouse no longer works and your pc is pretty much held hostage. I had to remove the batter on my laptop to force a reboot to get the pc back. If I could I would move to The Word, but I have so much info invested in these many years with esword, my Topic list and comments and Journal are huge, and necessary for my studies in cross checking, etc. When was Visual Basic written, anyway? I am using version 10, and if I can figure a way to migrate my personal files and into to The Word I would. I have the paid version of Malwarebytes too, but it did nothing to speed up esword, and why would it? It removes malware, it might speed up a slow pc but a slow esword? If it did that wouldn't that mean that Malwarebytes is fining malware embedded in esword?
No, I think the answer is a complete rebuild.
Apparently there is not answer for this problem. In looking back it seems this has been going on for years with no solutions? I have had esword on various computers over the years and do not remember the first version having this problem. It all seem to start with the versions that wanted to connect to the internet, whether you wanted that or not. I guess they all do that now -- ? I see most of these posts date back to 2013, and I know that I had written about this before that? I wonder if something happened in 2014 that I missed as I do not see any complaints, other than mine, concerning this subject dated 2014 or 15? Just wondering. If anyone knows of a way to migrate Topics modules from esword to The Word please let me know. Dan
OK, here goes...
Your problems are one or all of the following, as I had similar problems to what you are experiencing, of which it ended up with it being all of them which I am about to list.
- You have too many resources which causes e-Sword to go the way it does
- You don't have enough RAM to handle all the data you want e-Sword to load, and so you're running on virtual memory
- CPU is is either one of the two
- Old, and needs updating
- Just can't handle the amount of data.
- You have a lot of junk files on your PC, thus slowing it down, and needs a good clean up.
So, with all of that I recommend either or all of the following:
- Give your system a real treat by giving it a good cleanup of all useless and old data by removing tmp files and etc.
- Install extra RAM
- Don't load up so many resources on e-Sword. Only those you want to use for a particular area of study. In fact you can get e-Sword to custom load resources to what you want to use rather than load everything. To do this, download Resourcer. and install it. I highly recommend it. What this baby can do to e-Sword makes life a whole heap easier and simpler for Bible Study.
Now, having shared all that with you, I am assuming you have a relatively new computer that is at least three years old, and at most 5 years old. If its more than that, say about 8 years old, then I genuinely recommend you get yourself a new system.
Edited by APsit190, 27 August 2015 - 03:29 PM.