Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Topic notes Lost

5 replies to this topic

#1 lcgesword

lcgesword

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Somehow I accidentily deleted all my Topic notes from the last 3 years. I do not know how to retrieve them. Do you have a tech support person that I can speak to?

Robert

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

1) Make sure the Topic Notes tab in the Editor's Window is active.

2) CTRL-Right Click the editor window.

3) Choose Open. 

4) This may take some trial and error. Try to open the Topic files you see. You may see only one. You may have multiple files if you created more than one. By default, they are stored in your My Documents\e-Sword folder. 

#3 lcgesword

lcgesword

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hello Josh, does your organization have a tech support person that I can speak with over the phone? I am willing to pay.

I will tell you how this happened. I was trying to copy all my topic notes from the last 3 years into dropbox, which is well beyond my pc abilities. I think I went into the esword files in My documents. When I tried to open the files it asked which program I want to use, I chose Word. I opened them in Word and it was not readable, just a bunch of garbled letters. So I deleted that Word file. The next day I went in to esword and all my previous topic notes were gone. I have tried to fix it on my own, to no avail...

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

There's not much else I can tell ya over the phone than here in the forum. That's especially true when I don't have your version of Windows and your configuration and can't see what your seeing. I'm travelling for lunch today but I could possibly speak later.

In your narrative of what happened, the part that doesn't make sense is that you deleted the Word file. If you tried opening the e-Sword topic notes in Microsoft Word, it does make sense that it was garbled. But then you would just close out Microsoft Word--there's nothing to delete.  If you actually deleted a file, then it was probably your Topic Notes. 

One thing you can immediately do is check your Recycle Bin. If you cannot find the Recycle Bin, google your version of Windows & recycle bin. For example, Windows Vista's Recycle Bin can be hidden.  You might have XP or Windows 7 or 8, which will be different.

#5 Christopher29

Christopher29

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

If you accidentally deleted some files and they are no longer in your recycling bin, maybe you can download a program called "Recuva" and try to get them back.

#6 lcgesword

lcgesword

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Josh, I cannot fix this problem on my own. Does E-sword have a tech support dept that can remote in to my pc and restore the notes? If not is there an outside firm that would do this?

Robert

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users