Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Question

1 reply to this topic

#1 erickshalom

erickshalom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Shalom Guys:I just want to have some body explain to me how to disntall the old mclaren commentary and replace it with the new i have even disintalled from my whole computer and it keeps apearing in my e-sword it does not even let me install the new one which have commentaries in almost all books of the bible.The old mclaren have only few comments onthe whole bible please if there is sombody that can help me with this i will be in much Gratitude!

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hi, Erick,

deleting modules from eSword is not intuitive; so, don't feel bad. What happens is this: eSword creates files in Windows "virtual store" folder(s). Manually deleting a module from where you know it is doesn't always remove a module (which appears to have happened in your case).

eSword does, though, have a module deletion method; it just isn't obvious by looking through the menus. Here's how:

1) open eSword

2) go to the "Options" menu and choose "Resource..."

3) there you'll see all of your installed modules by category

4) find the module(s) you want to delete

5) right-click the title and choose "delete resource permanently"

Once eSword is restarted, it will be removed from all of it's secret hiding places! It is then safe to reinstall your new module.

BY THE WAY: in this same dialogue box, you can turn modules "off" if you don't want them seen/used in your eSword environment, but don't want them deleted either. Just check and uncheck boxes of the modules you want to use. Checked boxes are "on." This is handy when you have a ton of commentaries you don't want on all the time, but may want to occasionally access. Same with Bible modules.

Perhaps the next iteration of eSword will have a more intuitive "delete module" tool.

PS - I think I'll post a blog about this at www.doctordavet.com. It is a good topic for a blog post. I can remember how frustrating it was as I was learning about this very topic!

Edited by DoctorDaveT, 06 January 2013 - 09:58 AM.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users