Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

ToolTip Tool NT - External link question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dcollison

dcollison

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 01:42 PM

Greetings!

I started using ToolTip Tool NT to create a commentary.   Within the commentary there are links to external website pages.  However I cannot get the links to work!

If I use the hyperlink tool it looks like it formats good in my rft document but when I compile it into a commentary file it does not display anything previous to the hyperlink and the hyperlink doesn't actually work within e-sword.

I must be missing something but darned if I can figure it out.  The only thing I can think of is that is might have something to do with the "Mode" settings next to the hyperlink tool in the toolbar....I've tried a couple of settings but no go.  Been trying to figure it out for a couple of days.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 05:08 PM

Greetings!

I started using ToolTip Tool NT to create a commentary.   Within the commentary there are links to external website pages.  However I cannot get the links to work!

If I use the hyperlink tool it looks like it formats good in my rft document but when I compile it into a commentary file it does not display anything previous to the hyperlink and the hyperlink doesn't actually work within e-sword.

I must be missing something but darned if I can figure it out.  The only thing I can think of is that is might have something to do with the "Mode" settings next to the hyperlink tool in the toolbar....I've tried a couple of settings but no go.  Been trying to figure it out for a couple of days.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Instead of using the Toolbar to add hyperlinks do the following:

Click insert from the menu then from the insert menu click link

When you click link a small box will open giving you the options for inserting links.

The first thing you enter in the box is the text that will display for the link.

Second you can select one of three options for the link External, Internal and Bookmark.

For an external links select external and then type or paste the link address.

Click ok at the bottom of the link box so the box will close.

One final thing, in order to open a link in Commentary or Topic file in e-Sword you must use a combination of ctrl+left mouse click

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users