Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Tooltip Tool Support

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#121 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

Primitive Baptist Commentary is the notorious offender on my e-Sword. I've yet to find a passage that there actually IS a real comment on.

http://www.biblesupp...ist-commentary/

Yes, but does it produce the "i" on the Commentary tab for all verses? I don't see that in this file, which is what EBed Doulos is talking about. So I don't think this commentary fits that problem. As for comments in this file, there are many. Genesis 1:1 is an example. As is Psalms 9:9.

This particular file can be changed to have "i" hits on all verses with the T3 Commentary using the Commentary Fill-in function. Activated by clicking Modules+Commentary+Fill In Commentary Module.

What does the the Fill In do? It creates entried for verses that are not convered by comments, and in those entries, there is a link to the next and previous verse that do have comments! This is not what Ebed is looking for. :-)

BTW - in general, it is not too hard to remove the entries that generate the "i". Do database dump to its SQL statements, and a removal of those that do not have comments or minimal. OK - that would take a long time with there were tens of thousands of entries, depends on how the file is built But I'm sure the Word guys could make a simple macro to remove "short" SQL statements. :-) Once the offending SQL statements are taken out, one just rebuilds the database. OK - I may be talking jibberish to some, but it is not that difficult, that is what I'm trying to say. There may be a little learning curve...

#122 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Please give me an example of one of these module's I'm not promising anything but I want to try something

I understand. I am just tickled that you will try.

Lightfoot - http://www.biblesupp...ary-gospelsexe/
ABC - http://www.biblesupp...ert-hommelcmtx/
Posted Image

#123 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

I understand. I am just tickled that you will try.

Lightfoot - http://www.biblesupp...ary-gospelsexe/
ABC - http://www.biblesupp...ert-hommelcmtx/

I'm not DSaw, but I looked at both of these files, and they both only produce "I" on the Commentary tab when a verse is selected that has a comment. What am I missing???

#124 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:18 AM

Ebed those modules may have been updated have you downloaded them recently

I too only get blue I's where there is info in those modules

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#125 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:56 AM

sorry, I was going from memory. it was the apologists Bible commentary that had all the false "i"s

BCobb

#126 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

These can be fixed with a regular expression search/replace. You would get started by opening the module in Sqlitebrowser. File/Export to SQL txt. Open in Microsoft Word. Then you'd have to figure out your search replace, beginning with the SQL insert statement for the "blank" comment. It would need to be specific enough not to delete entries that have real comments. That could be achieved by focusing the search on text or rtf markup unique to those entries (like if it says: No comment for this verse).

#127 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

Ebed those modules may have been updated have you downloaded them recently

I too only get blue I's where there is info in those modules

DSaw,
You are correct. A fresh download and the issue went away. No longer do I get:

Revelation 14:13
This Verse has no commentary.

Thank you!

Edited by Ebed Doulos, 12 December 2011 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

#128 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:44 AM

come up with a tool which one could run a commentary through that would somehow remove the false "i"s.

That utility is in a holding pattern.

jonathon

#129 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

BH,
Is there a way to make it so that T3 does not sort topics alphabetically when it makes a topic module?
Thanks,
Peter

#130 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

BH,
Is there a way to make it so that T3 does not sort topics alphabetically when it makes a topic module?
Thanks,
Peter

The alphabetical sort that takes place is an e-Sword thing, not a T3 thing. e-Sword presents topics in Alphabetical order. So, is there a way to preserve the order of Topics using T3? Yep! Use the prefix directive at the beginning of the file before the first topic. It is of the form:
#define prefix=CHAR #2

What is saying, is prefix every topic with the characters "CHAR" then a number, and reserve 2 numbers before the first topic number. The reserved numbers might be for an Introduction and a Table of contents.

Topics would then be titled, assuming the titles of the first topics were "Prefix", "Table of Contents", "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2" etc.:
CHAR 0.1 Prefix
CHAR 0.2 Table of Contents
CHAR 1 Chapter 1
CHAR 2 Chapter 2
etc.

Now, when e-Sword performs the sort, it is going to present the topics as they appear in T3 because of the added prefix.

Note, if you have more than 9 Topics (other than the reserved topics), the prefix will appear like this:
CHAR 00.1 Prefix
CHAR 00.2 Table of Contents
CHAP 01 Chapter 1
CHAR 02 Chapter 2
etc.

AND - If you have more that 99, then it would be:
CHAR 000.1 Prefix
CHAR 000.2 Table of Contents
CHAR 001 Chapter 1
CHAR 002 Chapter 2

And if you have more that 999, well, you get the idea.... :-)

Again, this is to keep the order in e-Sword as it appears in T3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users