Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to download esword modules to iPad

110 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hello,

The NIV is available for purchase for e-Sword HD. That's not something we can give away here for e-Sword or e-Sword HD.

Visit eStudysource.com for paid e-Sword modules containing commercial content.

Josh

#22 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Josh,
I am brand new to e-s word and have downloaded the app for $5.00 and am having a hard time getting NIV to download. I read this forum and I am wondering if I read this right. I CAN'T download it because you guys thought we would only download this on our iPads for references? If so I would like my $5 back and think you need to be more forthright in your app description.

David

Just an FYI: This is not the official e-Sword site.  The individual who runs this sight (Josh Bond) did not write the e-Sword program or app.  Neither does he profit from the sale of the app or the download of the program.  Josh runs this site as a gratis ministry.  It is free, without charge.  There are several individuals who make programs that enhance the value and ease of use of e-Sword.  They, too, do it gratis.  There are others who make modules such as Bibles, Dictionaries, Commentaries, etc.  These modules are, with rare exception, no longer in copyright status and the module creators provide their labor without remuneration.  There is no cost for any module found on  BibleSupport.com.  There are two sites that receive modest compensation for copyright modules:

The official e-Sword site:

http://www.e-Sword.net

A source for copyright modules such as the NIV:

http://www.eStudySource.com

I say modest compensation because most of the cost, goes to the copyright holders.  This would include the NIV.  Now, with that in mind, if you really want your $4.99 back you contact Rick Meyers, who is the creator of both the e-Sword app and program.  You can do so here:

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

Personally, I find both the e-Sword program and app to have great bang-for-the-buck.  It is small wonder that e-Sword is the most popular Bible study program in the world.

Edited by Ebed Doulos, 10 January 2013 - 12:16 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Favoured7

Favoured7

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

In plain English if you're trying to use an iPad, it's not compatible and I can stop waisting my time right. got it

#24 D Burton

D Burton

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

There is one thing I can do. I assumed e-Sword HD users would mostly be interested in commentaries and dictionaries.

But if there's a specific Topic or Reference Library file you would like converted to e-Sword HD format, I can convert and submit the file to Rick for inclusion in e-Sword HD.

Post the links to any Topic or Reference Library files below.

Hi Josh,

A BIG THANK YOU to you and all those who work on e-sword modules. What a real blessing to those who have a love for the Word of God. 

To Rick also, who has done a wonderful job with e-sword HD.  This program has such far reaching potential.

Think of the future, with its use from ipad to projectors etc, for preaching and teaching in home, Churches, Bible Colleges and overseas mission fields. The only thing holding it back will be the kind of material and modules available for it. As more and more people have ipads (even the secondhand market is growing) the potential increases.  

My thoughts are for more Reference modules. Ones like Wuest, Bengel, Alford etc and more O.T word studies. This would be a great help in keeping Pastors/teachers etc honest to the text, and give the body of Christ the ability to seek out the scriptures for conformation. Also for more Commentaries, Maps, Charts, Dictionaries and other Bible versions.

I see Rick's thoughts lean towards a more Devotional purpose, this would be great also, with more like Chambers, Bonar, Philpot, Miller and Winslow etc. But I don't believe people who are hungry for God's Word and have a heavy burden to see others fed, will be satisfied with the modules as the stand on ipad HD (as good as they all are).  In other words, this program may be seen by many as a great tool, for His Glory.  

Is there a simple way to put up a box to "tick yes" to more modules on e-sword HD for all subscribers and supporters on your site?

Maybe, if there is a positive response, this might change some minds and see the full potential and value in something already so great.

Thanks again, God Bless. 

Dennis Burton

#25 xt600

xt600

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

I for one am disappointed that we do not have access to not even half of the vast library that is on the Bible Support site!  The iPad is the best invention since the Lap Top.

#26 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

There's another iPad app coming soon, one that is not made by e-Sword. But it will read e-Sword and theWord modules in RTF format (the way the PC versions do). It will be free, and it will allow for the easy integration of modules hosted on third party sites like this.

This will likely be the app we support on this site. (e-Sword for the PC, MySword for the droid, and [X] for the iPad). I don't have a timeline for when it will be here. Everything is subject to change, of course. But going a different iPad direction makes the most sense for us and it's the direction I've been pursuing.

#27 xt600

xt600

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

There's another iPad app coming soon, one that is not made by e-Sword. But it will read e-Sword and theWord modules in RTF format (the way the PC versions do). It will be free, and it will allow for the easy integration of modules hosted on third party sites like this.

This will likely be the app we support on this site. (e-Sword for the PC, MySword for the droid, and [X] for the iPad). I don't have a timeline for when it will be here. Everything is subject to change, of course. But going a different iPad direction makes the most sense for us and it's the direction I've been pursuing.

Thanks Brother, you are the man!  Let us know when it is available.   God Bless!

#28 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I have posted several modules for the iPad.

Bibles:

The American King James Version (AKJV)

The Free Bible Version (FBV) - includes Bible module and association Commentary module. 

Reference Module (Book)

Steps to Christ

T4, v1.63 has the ability to create Reference (REFI) modules which are equivalent to Topic/Reference modules on the PC, and Bible modules for the iPad.  It can make Commentaries and Dictionaries, but I have not exposed this capability as I am still "tweaking" the code.  I just need to find the time to finish the tweaks. 

A sample image: iPad%20Steps%20to%20Christ.PNG

Edited by BH., 17 January 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#29 terryc84

terryc84

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I would like to see the HRB bible for esword HD.

http://www.biblesupp...-with-notesexe/

#30 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Inside the e-Sword for iPad app, click the Resources icon (far right). You can download the resources available there.

Josh,

I followed this and installed several resources onto my iPad a month ago. I just purchased The Message, though, and can't figure out how to get it on. When I follow your instruction above, I see all those I have previously installed, but can't access MSG. When I tap on the Download tab, there's nothing but a blank screen. Can you refresh my memory please?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users