Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Opening downloaded modules.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 reconcad

reconcad

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

I finished downloading the modules but how can I install them to MySword?

#2 scotsman1228

scotsman1228

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

I double click on my jzip unzipper which takes me straight to the esword installer and it is done in a flash!

#3 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

I finished downloading the modules but how can I install them to MySword?

You first have to get modules specifically for MySword - not eSword.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#4 goodsuccess

goodsuccess

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWASHINGTON,D.C.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

i am having problems opening the file for the evans williams memorizing the bible download,i just keep getting the run again download and on programs it list as application and i click it it goes to run again program,also to mention it also says can open file-thanks for any help-really want to read this book!!!! goodsuccess

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

i am having problems opening the file for the evans williams memorizing the bible download,i just keep getting the run again download and on programs it list as application and i click it it goes to run again program,also to mention it also says can open file-thanks for any help-really want to read this book!!!! goodsuccess

OK, so what seems to be the problem? Are you:
  • downloading a zip file
  • downloading an exe(cutable) file
  • downloading a Topic (reference book) file (topx or refx file type).
If you are downloading a Zip file, this must be extracted to either your Program Files\e-Sword folder or your My Documents\e-Sword folder.

If its an executable installer file, then this must be run and it will install it to either your Program Files\e-Sword folder or your My Documents\e-Sword Folder.

If using the downloader thingy that Josh Bond had written, then it will install it to your where ever you choose to put it.

If its either a topx or an refx file and its been downloaded to your My Program Files\e-Sword folder, then it should come up in your Reference book bit of e-Sword without a hitch. Well may have a couple of hitches, but hopefully not too many :lol:

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#6 Zion Dove

Zion Dove

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hi,
I downloaded "The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge expanded" to my PC, and then copied the file to the MySword commentaries folder. I cannot find out how to open it on my android while in MySword-but it shows the file is there through my PC along with the original TSK. Not sure what else I can do. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Zion Dove, 23 November 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#7 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

hi,

Was the module you downloaded for MySword or PC?

If it was for PC it will not work for MySword, down loadthis version:

http://www.biblesupp...ysword-version/

Copy to your Android device. For more instructions:
How do I view MySword modules?

Note: After you download the file to your PC or your android device, the file must then be moved to the MySword folder on your android device. If downloading directly to your android device, you may need to install a file explorer app to be able to move the file to your MySword folder if your device does not have one already.

Thanks
Patchworkid

Edited by Josh Bond, 23 November 2012 - 05:36 PM.
Punctuation, line breaks, clarity

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#8 Zion Dove

Zion Dove

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

It works now-but I think I will pass on this module. As I was working in it I noticed that the TSKe does not let the Bible freely comment upon Itself, but instead seems to lead you in a certain direction by "leapfrogging" through references-to a specific destination. You seem to lose the thought of the intended reference along the way. This is not what the original Treasury of Scripture Knowledge does at all. I also do not see the verses being reciprocated in the true sense such as "TheWord" Bible software does with the TSK. I like having my own wings and where the Holy Ghost wants to take me...,not man. I ain't ridin' that train. This is my personal opinion. Thanks for your reply Patchworkid.

"Clouds and darkness are
o

Edited by Zion Dove, 24 November 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#9 Storybell

Storybell

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I am unable to open the "Expositors Bible Commentary - 49 Volume Set - Commentary Format Droid MySword Version". I followed the instruction carefully, but 1) the module is not in the MySword app and 2) it is in the MySword folder but it won't open in my ES File Explorer app - I get the message "it is not a valid PDF Document." Can someone help me please?

#10 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I am unable to open the "Expositors Bible Commentary - 49 Volume Set - Commentary Format Droid MySword Version". I followed the instruction carefully, but 1) the module is not in the MySword app and 2) it is in the MySword folder but it won't open in my ES File Explorer app - I get the message "it is not a valid PDF Document." Can someone help me please?

StoryBell,

Can you check the file name?  Did it get corrupted?  

The extension needs to be .cmt.mybible

A few people have had trouble with the non zipped filenames getting corrupted.

Blessings,

Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users