Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Wish List

8 replies to this topic

#1 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

I searched around and could not find a "What feature would you want in e-Sword?" thread, so I thought that I would start one:

I would really like a password feature for the Journal editor. Nothing drastic, maybe something with light encryption. Just to keep prying eyes out.

#2 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

I have looked at The Word bible prgm and it has some nice additions that I think would work well in E-sword.

1] when you have a popup if you use the shift key and mouse over the popup text it will stay up so you can scroll thruogh it or even move it around if need be.

2] in the ABP bible it has both the english and greek text + the strongs #'s but you can switch from greek only to interliner by the (i) key

εν G1722 In αρχή G746 the beginning ην G1510.7.3 was ο G3588 the λόγος G3056 word, και G2532 and ο G3588 the λόγο

εν G1722 αρχή G746 ην G1510.7.3 ο G3588 λόγος G3056 και G2532 ο G3588 λόγος G3056 ην G1510.7.3 προς G4314 τον

These would be IMHO nice to have's

Silverhair

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#3 Melissa Wheeler

Melissa Wheeler

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

I would love to have e-Sword available for Mac that I don't have to load an additional program in order to install it..  That said, I'm still using it on my sons' PC.   :P

#4 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

In the commentary window, I'd like an indicator that would show up on the book and chapter comments buttons if there is a comment in the particular commentary for the viewed passage. Something like the "i" that shows up in a commentary's tab if a commentary has comments on the verse, (but smaller of course.)

#5 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:51 AM

Multi sub-levels for the table of contents in topics would be nice.

#6 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Solve the problem in the search engine of e-Sword for words with a trema(Diaeresis) , acute accent and circumflex

Using Modern Dutch, German and Afrikaans words to test (Israël, Isaäk , Kaïn, één, Ägyptern , leë, gesê)

Edited by Katoog, 14 March 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#7 Marvin

Marvin

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

I would like to see something in the Atlas section so that when I leave one map to look at another, I can get my former map back easily. Currently when you leave a given Atlas to view another, upon returning to the previous Atlas, it has defaulted to its first map.

#8 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

Something else would be making the auto look-up button in the dictionary view "sticky" so that it stays the way you want it.

#9 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 August 2022 - 09:10 PM

Since the last entry was made, the developer, Rick Meyers, has enhanced e-Sword so that it caters for characters in different fonts that have diasterics. These are the markings added over vowels in various languages, to indicate that these letters must be pronounced differently. During July 2016, e-Sword version 11.0 for Windows was released. New features include all new HTML-based resources, including a new Lexicon module type. There is a new Pericope feature which places section headings throughout the Bible. Most of the resources have been updated to this new format, so you may want to download the updated versions of these modules, especially the non-English Bibles as they now contain the actual Unicode characters which makes for better search results. 

PLEASE refer to the Review for http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-downloads/file/2580-afrikaans-ou-vertaling-aov/ as provided 2022-08-21 by Olaf Bacon for details about the Afrikaans (1953) Bible as provided by the South African Bible Society for e-Sword.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users