Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

browser problems

30 replies to this topic

#11 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

By OS I mean operating system, the version of Windows you're using, XP, Vista, 7 - x86, x64?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have e-Sword on Internet Explorer"?

Your bookmarks versus the security tools, anti-virus, malware, & firewall software that could be affecting your system are different topics altogether.

My advice at this point is to get a family member or friend to sit down with you and help you thru some of this, getting the e-Sword installer is pretty straight-forward, the direct link for the file can be found here - http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html - it's as simple as clicking the white down arrow for the full installer (50.6 MB), and allowing the download to complete. Once done, double-clicking the file (setup1010.exe) should launch the installer, read carefully the instructions, select install.

In Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) if you right-click (once) setup1010.exe you should get a popup menu, scroll down to 'Properties'. When the 'Properties' dialog pops up, on the 'General' tab you should see 'Size', it should match the info I provided in my previous post - 50.6 MB (53,158,717 bytes).

50.7 and windows vista..as far as family members that is not gong to happen...the rest know less than I do about computers. It said it downloaded and it needed to shut down my puter so that it would work..and yet it does not work; cannot even remotely come close to the site to where I want to be all I can get to is where it talks about a donation and below it say's downloead e-sword,,thus henceforth I know have 10 exe's downloaded and can't get the first one even to work. If it is so easy then why is it not working for me...can get it to work on IE and much less fire fox :angry: so much for the saying even a child can operate it...

#12 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hi Bobby,

My name is LarryG and I've had a Vista desktop before so I have some idea about that operating system.

This is what I would do when I had troubles with software.
1] First make a folder on your screen and name it eSword. Do this by placing the cursor arrow on the screen and then pressing the right button on your mouse. A little window will pop up and place your cursor where it says, "New". Another window will pop up, and go to where it says "Folder". Click on that and name the folder eSword.
2] Second, open your browser (Internet Explorer or FireFox) and go to this address. http://www.e-sword.net/
3] Third, stay on this page. On the right hand side of the page you will see a blue oblong button that says: "Download eSword now". Go ahead and press this button.
4] Fourth, when you press this button Internet Explorer will have a pop-up coming from up asking you what you want to do. Do NOT just press save, but press SAVE AS.

When you do this, another window will open showing the configuration of your System Files. Look in the left-hand window at the VERY TOP - where it says "Desktop".

When you press "Desktop", you will see all the shortcuts in the right-hand window. Find the file you made that says eSword and open in with your cursor arrow. Then press the save button! In a few moments the file should be saved to your desktop in that eSword folder.

5] Fifth, After the file is downloaded and you look in the eSword folder you should see your file. The name of the file is "setup1010.exe". DOUBLE-CLICK on this file and your software installation should start.
6] Sixth, After your software is installed, you will need to get some extra resources. Yes? GOOD! This is easy - to begin with, eSword does it for you on the basic resources. OPEN UP eSword and look at the very top toolbar. You will see several functions running across the top, with 'Help' being on the far left side. See it? OK! Just two functions over you will see a function tab called 'Download' - open this and pick Bibles.
7] Seventh, Start picking out the FREE Bible modules you want. Then go to Commentaries, Dictionaries, etc. When you have picked all the FREE modules you want, just press Download/Start at the top.

Bobby V. -- This does work, I just re-installed eSword exactley as I told you on my system. It might seem complicated, but it's not really that hard. ALSO, once you have everything done with the initial installation, come back to BibleSupport dot com and you can get more FREE bibles, commentaries and dicitionaries. I am being serious here - not saracastic - it's always good to pray first when doing something that initially confuses us. It works for me. I'm no Rocket Scientist. I'm confused a lot, by a lot of different things. The Spirit of God calms my mind and helps me. Blessings. lg.

#13 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

You need to run the e-Sword program now that you have installed it. So in Vista you can do this from the start menu. At the bottom left of the screen there is the round button. Left-mouse-click on that button and a menu will appear. Move the mouse pointer to "Programs" ->e-Sword ->e-Sword. Press the left mouse button when it is over e-Sword. The program should start-up. It is not a part of any web-browser.

Jon

#14 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Larry G

Bobby V. -- This does work, I just re-installed eSword exactley as I told you on my system.

I have done all of the steps as you mentioned and I do not see my e-sword anywhere in firefox, much less I do not even know where to find it; as of this moment I have at least "10" setup 1010.exe
and every time I hit this setup it prompts the question modify,repair or move and of course I have to hit repair it does it things it say's everything has been downloaded and then I need to restart my puter which it will do for me and I still do not see e-sword anywhere in firefox. I figured I would try this in firefox due to the problem that I'm having with internet explorer...and that of what I read in Josh posts about how firefox works well...not for me unfortunately

#15 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

I am sorry. If you are on your home computer, and you are the administrator, then this should work as I have stated. Therefore, the only thing I can add is that I don't know what the problem is.

Sometimes, after downloading a piece of software I have had problems and have been forced to install the software as administrator. But after this there were never any more problems. I have never had a problem with eSword like you describe - and have installed it on many computers and different Windows systems. With the information you've given, I have no other solutions/answers.

#16 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

I am sorry. If you are on your home computer, and you are the administrator, then this should work as I have stated. Therefore, the only thing I can add is that I don't know what the problem is.

Sometimes, after downloading a piece of software I have had problems and have been forced to install the software as administrator. But after this there were never any more problems. I have never had a problem with eSword like you describe - and have installed it on many computers and different Windows systems. With the information you've given, I have no other solutions/answers.

It is very frustrating because I have never had any problems in the past...This has all came to pass when I decided to update, I guess I will never update again if I can get e-sword running properly for me again.

#17 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Larry G

I have done all of the steps as you mentioned and I do not see my e-sword anywhere in firefox, much less I do not even know where to find it; as of this moment I have at least "10" setup 1010.exe
and every time I hit this setup it prompts the question modify,repair or move and of course I have to hit repair it does it things it say's everything has been downloaded and then I need to restart my puter which it will do for me and I still do not see e-sword anywhere in firefox. I figured I would try this in firefox due to the problem that I'm having with internet explorer...and that of what I read in Josh posts about how firefox works well...not for me unfortunately

If you navigate to

c:\program files (x86)\e-sword\

and you double click e-Sword.exe...what happens?

#18 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:11 PM

I do not see my e-sword anywhere in firefox

You shouldn't see the e-Sword program in Firefox. It is a separate program on it's own.

e-Sword is a program
Firefox is a program
Scribe

#19 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:46 AM

Is e-Sword live in the mix here? as that works in a browser
http://live.e-sword.net/app/

#20 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

If you navigate to c:\program files (x86)\e-sword\ and you double click e-Sword.exe...what happens?

uhmmm are we talking about internet explorer or firefox ? In all reality I don't have the slightest idea where I can go to do this...I just copied and paste and googled it but I see that was not correct sooo I do not know

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users