Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

browser problems

30 replies to this topic

#1 gordonhumbled

gordonhumbled

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

I tried putting the following message in the personal message section because I could not find a window to ask a question in the blog or forum section. I clicked on new downloads and got an error that the page could not be open. I keep getting the message from Microsoft that e-sword has a security certificate problem and I cannot access the site to download. I have always had problems trying to access and download e-sword. As mentioned below I once had it downloaded but couldn’t open any of the books. Can you help me please?

I have an Acer e-machine with Win 7 Premium OS. When I try to go into www.e-sword.net to download e-sword I get a Security Certificate Invalid message and that someone may redirect my link and be fooling me. I have always had problems trying to download e-sword. Before I got it downloaded but couldn't open up the books. Can anyone help me get through Microsoft's fear of e-sword?

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

I tried putting the following message in the personal message section because I could not find a window to ask a question in the blog or forum section. I clicked on new downloads and got an error that the page could not be open. I keep getting the message from Microsoft that e-sword has a security certificate problem and I cannot access the site to download. I have always had problems trying to access and download e-sword. As mentioned below I once had it downloaded but couldn’t open any of the books. Can you help me please?

I have an Acer e-machine with Win 7 Premium OS. When I try to go into www.e-sword.net to download e-sword I get a Security Certificate Invalid message and that someone may redirect my link and be fooling me. I have always had problems trying to download e-sword. Before I got it downloaded but couldn't open up the books. Can anyone help me get through Microsoft's fear of e-sword?

I assume your using Internet Explorer. I won't even begin to try to troubleshoot IE--IE is the worst browser ever made--in my opinion.

Try downloading and installing a different browser called Firefox:

http://www.mozilla.o...US/firefox/new/

Then try to download e-Sword again. This will rule in or rule out the browser as the cause.

#3 clint45

clint45

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

I assume your using Internet Explorer. I won't even begin to try to troubleshoot IE--IE is the worst browser ever made--in my opinion.

Then try to download e-Sword again. This will rule in or rule out the browser as the cause.

LOL @ Internet Explorer comment!........I use Firefox here and love it, it's a great browers with all kinds of great addons!
Your Portion Of Light

Whether you are a brilliant flame or
but a tiny spark matters not-for the world
needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

#4 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

Josh

I decided to try this since I'm having all kinds of issues with e-sword and yet why do they make things so complicated.... :angry: I'm thankful that big paw is taking the time to try and help me out..but I can not get nothing to work in fire fox as far as e-sword is concerned I downloaded it and I cannot for the life of me figure where or how to get it..? got any tips ??????

#5 clint45

clint45

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Josh

I decided to try this since I'm having all kinds of issues with e-sword and yet why do they make things so complicated.... :angry: I'm thankful that big paw is taking the time to try and help me out..but I can not get nothing to work in fire fox as far as e-sword is concerned I downloaded it and I cannot for the life of me figure where or how to get it..? got any tips ??????

Are you saying you downloaded e-sword or firefox?  In FIREFOX under the TOOLS - OPTIONS-GENERAL tab you'll see an OPTION under DOWNLOADS where you can specify WHERE to save your file to. Once you have that specified go to that location and run the e-sword exe file to install it.
Your Portion Of Light

Whether you are a brilliant flame or
but a tiny spark matters not-for the world
needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

#6 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

Are you saying you downloaded e-sword or firefox?  In FIREFOX under the TOOLS - OPTIONS-GENERAL tab you'll see an OPTION under DOWNLOADS where you can specify WHERE to save your file to. Once you have that specified go to that location and run the e-sword exe file to install it.

Good tip!

If by chance there is no default download location and instead 'Always ask me where to save files' is ticked you can find your download (in Firefox) this way, Tools - Downloads, or Ctrl+J, when the download dialog pops up right-click the file and select 'Open Containing Folder', this should open the location of your file in Windows Explorer.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#7 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Both; well I should say I downloaded firefox and supposedly e-sword but it seems to be invisible or intouchable all I get and see is the following setup1010(1).exe, setup1010(2).exe, setup1010(3).exe, setup1010(4).exe, setup1010(5).exe and yet none of them work...really starting to think that fiefox does not work w/my computer and or e-sword

#8 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Both; well I should say I downloaded firefox and supposedly e-sword but it seems to be invisible or intouchable all I get and see is the following setup1010(1).exe, setup1010(2).exe, setup1010(3).exe, setup1010(4).exe, setup1010(5).exe and yet none of them work...really starting to think that fiefox does not work w/my computer and or e-sword

Hi Bobby V :)

The (1), (2,)... etc means you have downloaded the same file a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th time.

What do you mean when you say the files are untouchable, invisible? Are you saying you cannot double-click the installer to install e-Sword, you might have something blocking the installer from running, firewall, av, or malware program...? You could try disabling any security software before running setup1010.exe.

Your OS may also be preventing certain file types from running, maybe even downloading, .exe files are common file types but, they're used for malware too so an OS can be setup to block unknown (unsafe) files from running.

Do you know how to check the md5sum of files, if so, this is what I'm getting:
Name: setup1010.exe
Size: 53,158,717 bytes
MD5: 1E01797B25E45ED135672CEB650540E9

If you get the right size, you should be good to go, atleast the download is complete!

Mike
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#9 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

mike

os? optimal server..Don't have any idea what OS is if it is not this...I have e-sword on Internet explorer and as of the moment I am having some issue with it and hopefully big paws can help me out with the problem..As far as security issues no because I got my bookmarks from internet explorer with no problems.

As far as trying to download I only get the page where it say's talks about downloading and supporting..I have no doubt it is downloading because it say's finished afterwards and the when I right click well right back to where I was and we download again and again and again and nothing happens.

Do you know how to check the md5sum of files, if so, this is what I'm getting:
Name: setup1010.exe
Size: 53,158,717 bytes
MD5: 1E01797B25E45ED135672CEB650540E9

No, I have no clue what so ever in how to do this sorry :(

It also mentions something about a bimary file if I want to save it and I say yes..but what it does...got me.

Edited by Bobby V, 07 August 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#10 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

mike

os? optimal server..Don't have any idea what OS is if it is not this...I have e-sword on Internet explorer and as of the moment I am having some issue with it and hopefully big paws can help me out with the problem..As far as security issues no because I got my bookmarks from internet explorer with no problems.

As far as trying to download I only get the page where it say's talks about downloading and supporting..I have no doubt it is downloading because it say's finished afterwards and the when I right click well right back to where I was and we download again and again and again and nothing happens.

No, I have no clue what so ever in how to do this sorry :(

It also mentions something about a bimary file if I want to save it and I say yes..but what it does...got me.

By OS I mean operating system, the version of Windows you're using, XP, Vista, 7 - x86, x64?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I have e-Sword on Internet Explorer"?

Your bookmarks versus the security tools, anti-virus, malware, & firewall software that could be affecting your system are different topics altogether.

My advice at this point is to get a family member or friend to sit down with you and help you thru some of this, getting the e-Sword installer is pretty straight-forward, the direct link for the file can be found here - http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html - it's as simple as clicking the white down arrow for the full installer (50.6 MB), and allowing the download to complete. Once done, double-clicking the file (setup1010.exe) should launch the installer, read carefully the instructions, select install.

In Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) if you right-click (once) setup1010.exe you should get a popup menu, scroll down to 'Properties'. When the 'Properties' dialog pops up, on the 'General' tab you should see 'Size', it should match the info I provided in my previous post - 50.6 MB (53,158,717 bytes).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users