Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

browser problems

30 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Click on the start button in Windows. (Google Start button if you need help with the Start button.)

Click Run

Paste this into the Run or Open box: C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword\e-sword.exe

and if that does not launch e-Sword, try this: C:\Program Files\e-Sword\e-sword.exe

If neither works, then you have not installed e-Sword.

Attached File  start-button.png   148.47K   0 downloads

Attached File  start-run.png   35.71K   0 downloads

#22 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Josh

okay I found it and it did nothing just took me to I guess where all of the apps ? or files that I have downloaded for e-sword such as bibles and commentaries are. There was a e-sword emblem and I clicked that and it took me to e-sword but that was through Internet explorer and yet nothing changed as far as my reoccurring problem. But how do I get to do this through fire fox?

#23 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

e-Sword does not run through Firefox or Internet Explorer. Firefox and Internet Explorer are web browsers that let you view websites and download programs--programs like e-Sword. e-Sword is a stand-alone program, that runs by itself. You cannot use Internet Explorer or Firefox to run e-Sword--only to download it.

#24 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have e-sword, that is not the issue that I have been plagued with rather with that of not being able to search Heb. & Grk. words through out them neither can I even look up words through out the whole Bible. I have watched the training videos but for whatever reason my computer will not let me do it as it shows in the demos. I can right click and then nothing happens it appears that everything else works except for this and that is what is driving me loony.

I have deleted e-sword completely numerous times and re-installed and still the same reoccurring problem..I just do not know what to do or even remotely how to fix it.

#25 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

I have e-sword, that is not the issue that I have been plagued with rather with that of not being able to search Heb. & Grk. words through out them neither can I even look up words through out the whole Bible. I have watched the training videos but for whatever reason my computer will not let me do it as it shows in the demos. I can right click and then nothing happens it appears that everything else works except for this and that is what is driving me loony.

I have deleted e-sword completely numerous times and re-installed and still the same reoccurring problem..I just do not know what to do or even remotely how to fix it.

Where are you right clicking Greek and Hebrew words? What window, what part of the screen?

#26 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

You need to run the e-Sword program now that you have installed it. So in Vista you can do this from the start menu. At the bottom left of the screen there is the round button. Left-mouse-click on that button and a menu will appear. Move the mouse pointer to "Programs" ->e-Sword ->e-Sword. Press the left mouse button when it is over e-Sword. The program should start-up. It is not a part of any web-browser.

Jon

#27 clint45

clint45

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Just a quick note here to say what a great job you folks are doing with the help in this matter!! I think what needs to happen now though is for someone that knows computers to have a look at the matter firsthand. I wonder if there isn't a computer shop or a friend that lives close that could have a look at the system?
Your Portion Of Light

Whether you are a brilliant flame or
but a tiny spark matters not-for the world
needs whatever portion of light is yours to give.

#28 Mike_S

Mike_S

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationcRaZyToWn

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

+1 to clint45's suggestion

This is issue has me pulling my hair out, the symptons in many cases make little sense. A neighbor's kid could likely get e-Sword installed and setup in a matter of moments.
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

#29 Bobby V

Bobby V

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Where are you right clicking Greek and Hebrew words? What window, what part of the screen?

I am clicking the strong's number in the Bible section which on my screen would be the top left..Dic down below and upper right for commentaries and down below editors..basically a four block square.

Even when I just have the regular Bible out w/o strongs and try and do the same thing nothing happens..it has to work that is to say the right click because that is how it worked in all of my other versions except this one for what ever reason..this happened since day one when I updated my older version of e-sword, which unfortunately I am regretting it, unless some how we as the community here can help me out, in which I would be every so happy.

#30 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

I am clicking the strong's number in the Bible section which on my screen would be the top left..Dic down below and upper right for commentaries and down below editors..basically a four block square.

Even when I just have the regular Bible out w/o strongs and try and do the same thing nothing happens..it has to work that is to say the right click because that is how it worked in all of my other versions except this one for what ever reason..this happened since day one when I updated my older version of e-sword, which unfortunately I am regretting it, unless some how we as the community here can help me out, in which I would be every so happy.

So when you right click on a strong's number in the Bible view, you don't see this:
Attached File  right-click-search.png   74.09K   13 downloads

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users