Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

esword 10

10 replies to this topic

#1 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

I had esword 9. and upgraded. do i need to download step books again?
also i cant get topicx books either. when i try to run different books. i get the message
that i need esword 7 or esword 7 or higher.
i am using a pc with windows 7
i was going to put esword onto my new laptop but now i am not sure whether i should

Edited by jeanc, 16 July 2012 - 04:19 PM.

Jeanc

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Hello,

Your step books will work in e-Sword 10. Click Tools from the main menu. Then choose STEP Reader.

Your topx files can be found in the Reference Library--click Tools from the main menu, then choose Reference Library.

#3 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

I tried to install bible illustrations and it couldnt install because'''' I need esword 7 or higher.''''

addons wont run either because '''i need esword 6 or higher'''

other books i tried installing i get that sort of message. do i need to download different versions of
the books

Edited by jeanc, 16 July 2012 - 03:48 PM.

Jeanc

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I tried to install bible illustrations and it couldnt install because'''' I need esword 7 or higher.''''

addons wont run either because '''i need esword 6 or higher'''

other books i tried installing i get that sort of message. do i need to download different versions of
the books

What version of e-sword are you using?

It is best to use the most recent version that can run on your system, if for no other reason than the vast majority of modules are being written for the newer formats because of their greater capabilities.

As an example version 10.0.7 allows insertion of graphics files into dictionaries, commentaries as well as topic and reference book modules.
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

the books

e-Sword 9.x, and later use the SQLite database engine.
e-Sword 8.x, and earlier, use the Jet database engine;

Your description indicates that you are installing resources that utilize the Jet database engine. Downloading resources that utilize the SQLite database engine would be in order, if you are using e-Sword 10.x.

jonathon

#6 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

I can go into my computer and prog files...esword and i can see the ...spurgeon files.... the expositors bible..... pinks download..... etc. etc
but i cannot see them in the esword programme. they dont show in topics or reference .

obviously i am doing something wrong..... but what is it. please advise me. thanks

i have esword 10 on windows 7

Edited by jeanc, 17 July 2012 - 12:29 PM.

Jeanc

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

e-Sword 9.x, and later use the SQLite database engine.
e-Sword 8.x, and earlier, use the Jet database engine;

Your description indicates that you are installing resources that utilize the Jet database engine. Downloading resources that utilize the SQLite database engine would be in order, if you are using e-Sword 10.x.

jonathon

I can go into my computer and prog files...esword and i can see the ...spurgeon files.... the expositors bible..... pinks download..... etc. etc
but i cannot see them in the esword programme. they dont show in topics or reference .

obviously i am doing something wrong..... but what is it. please advise me. thanks

i have esword 10 on windows 7

Looking at both your last question and prior to that, Jonathon Blake's reply, here is an interpreted view of what could be taking place

You could have installed modules that are version 8x or older. When you look at the file extension of the resources in your Program Files\e-Sword folder, are they:
  • bbl or bblx
  • cmt or cmtx
  • dct or dctx
  • not or notx
  • top or topx
  • dev or devx
  • map or mapx
  • and etc
If they are bbl and etc, then you have the old e-Sword 8x and below resources, and they will not be seen in e-Sword 9x and above. Delete these files and replace them with the newer version which have the 4 character extension to the file name.

I hope this information has helped you. Please let me know if things have worked out.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#8 jeanc

jeanc

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Thank you for your help.
I have checked out the information you gave me. and i deleted anything with the old
esword ext..... but still i have PINKS topx and spurgeon topx ... antiquities of the jews topx....fox book of martyrs topx.
not showing up in the esword programme plus other topx books.
Jean

Jeanc

#9 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

Thank you for your help.
I have checked out the information you gave me. and i deleted anything with the old
esword ext..... but still i have PINKS topx and spurgeon topx ... antiquities of the jews topx....fox book of martyrs topx.
not showing up in the esword programme plus other topx books.
Jean

Did you click Tools > Reference Library?

#10 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

I have Windows Vista instead of Windows 7, but I still had some problems with permissions that had to be solved. Log into your computer as the Admin and see if the missing files are then visible in e-Sword. If so, I think that the best way to fix it is to give your current user - the one you use the most - full access to the e-Sword directory. Right click the e-Sword directory - click properties - and see if you even have the current user listed. If not - add the current user with full permissions. Another way is to set e-Sword to open in Admin and ask you for the Admin password. I hope this helps.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users