Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Audio Matthew Henry Commentary

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jbergin

jbergin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Has anyone seen an audio version on either form (concise\whole) of the matthew henry commentary?

Thanks

#2 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

I haven't seen one anywhere around. About the only thing one can actually buy or get a hold of something remotely of that nature is an Audio Bible of one sort or another. eStudySource.com use to, or still has some Audio books, but I've never seen for of a Bible Commentary there.

About the only way around it is for someone to actually create an audio file of it (now wouldn't that be fun?!), and as to how that could be done I really have no idea.

I've just done a Google search on it, and nothing along the lines of what you want has come up. So, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news on that.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

#3 jbergin

jbergin

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Pretty much what i have found,, Thanks Anyway!

#4 StandingFirm

StandingFirm

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I Googled "audio Matthew Henry" and came up with this. http://antigopresbyt...org/matthew.htm I listened to only a few seconds of a file. Let me know what you think.

#5 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Has anyone seen an audio version on either form (concise\whole) of the matthew henry commentary?

I have, but distribution is limited to those who are legally blind.
DAISY format, with some type of encryption, so that it doesn't play on normal devices that can utilize DAISY format.

If you don't mind the flat output of synthesized voices, it would be fairly trivial, albeit time consuming to produce this resource as audio files. Not sure if a royalty payment for the use of the synthetic voice would be required.

jonathon

Edited by jonathon, 18 June 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#6 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:25 PM

Bible Analyzer has text to speach. You can listen to Microsoft Mary read any commentary file in theory.

http://www.bibleanalyzer.com/

Matthew Henry Concise commentary is the the free commentary bundle.

http://www.bibleanal...om/modules.html

You can adjust the speach speed and other things. I think you can also get other voices online somewhere.

I have not tried this on MH, so I do not know how good it would sound.

Blessings,
Peter

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I Googled "audio Matthew Henry" and came up with this. http://antigopresbyt...org/matthew.htm I listened to only a few seconds of a file. Let me know what you think.

Well, well, well! Now here is one for the books. Thanks for correcting me on this. I've actually tried several string variables and none would give me what I wanted, but it never entered into my head to use the one you used. So, on that, brother, thanks a heap for finding the solution, and I'm certain that jbergin will be totally wrapped over this.

Just a side note here: The site you referred to, has a link to Natural Reader. There is a free version of this product, and with it, it seems one can "record" printed text to an mp3 file with it. I have no idea how good this product is, but I tend to think it might be worthwhile to give it a go.

Blessings,
Autograph.png
X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users