Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Importing Bible with Special Formatting

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hi

I suggest if Bold italics is not used elsewhere find and replace all small cap and replace with Bold Italics

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#12 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Hi

I suggest if Bold italics is not used elsewhere find and replace all small cap and replace with Bold Italics

Sadly it is :(

#13 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

hi

I was just playing around with font sizes from T4 to e-Sword
Attached File  Test Font.JPG   247.08K   24 downloads

Notice in verse 1 after God nn Now what I did was have the normal text font size 11 and the Red n as 8
Does this help an anyway?

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#14 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

hi

Notice in verse 1 after God nn Now what I did was have the normal text font size 11 and the Red n as 8

thanks

The downside to creating a Bible with specific font sizes is it prevents e-Sword from using the user's default font size setting (Options/Fonts in e-Sword). It will be too big on some screens and too small on others. People have complained about other resources that did not respect font sizes. But it's easy to strip out the font size information later even after the module has been created.

#15 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

could a "relative" font size selection (which is available in WordPerfect) be used to create the illusion of SMALL CAP without affecting the eSword protocols? That way, no matter what font size is selected (12, 14, 10, etc.), the smaller type will always be smaller - because it will be "relatively small).

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#16 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Attached File  the_test.zip   13.97K   2 downloads

hi

thanks

I ran a test for my own interest's sake. You are correct that e-Sword does not show small caps. I tried changing font size, and that does work, but I understand Josh's concern. In the words of Yule Brenner (in the King and I) "is a puzzlement!" I have attached my test files, which are made up of 3 John and Jude (chosen because they were short enough to be hand edited). So, my original question gets even thornier . . . .
Max

Edited by Searcher, 26 April 2012 - 11:51 AM.

#17 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

could a "relative" font size selection (which is available in WordPerfect) be used to create the illusion of SMALL CAP without affecting the eSword protocols? That way, no matter what font size is selected (12, 14, 10, etc.), the smaller type will always be smaller - because it will be "relatively small).

Good question!!! Anyone have an answer?

#18 dyan

dyan

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

I have seen a few resources with small caps which displayed properly in e-Sword, but I don't remember which ones. But now when I looked at one which does have \scaps, it does not display as small caps. I'm pretty sure e-sword did display small caps, atleast in some previous version.

#19 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

That's a great idea, but no, e-Sword does not support relative font sizes. :( I use color to get around this. Navy blue which make something stand out. Or a grey for footnotes which does not leap out at you unless you're looking for it.

#20 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

hi
Check this out:

Notice the font in red size 16

Notice verse 1 - created the heavens and the earth font size 14

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users