Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

New Translation of NT from accurate Greek text

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hi all,

I am still working on these two modules. BH helped me to make the bible so I have to reformat the Bible. When you see this bible it will be very good, much better than the one I posted as a sample.

Just to let ya'll know that I am working on this modules and Lange's. I will keep ya'll posted on my progress.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#12 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for doing this module

I always like new translations I personally use the KJV but I read other for comparison and it makes you think why was this verse translated this way and not like the others It helps you to look at verse, chapter in other way from a different point of view

for example until i read it in another version I never new the manger was a cave

Could you list your projects separably in the Modules in progress forum http://www.biblesupp...es-in-progress/

and you can use a cool progress bar too or as Josh calls it Geeky LOL
   35%

added-: I know You have this title listed there I was referring to the other title you named and hinted at

Edited by DSaw, 27 October 2011 - 03:52 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#13 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:01 PM

Any update on this translation. I am very excited to get this translation along with the notes. I have been studying the pdfs online and they are excellent.

#14 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

Reading through the older posts on this thread, I came across a statement that the part that took the longest was getting each verse on a new line. Personally, i found that was the easy part.

In Microsoft Word, simply highlight all the bible text, and replace ^p with a space (spacebar). Just for good measure, replace ^l with the same thing. Then click the "prefix" box in the find/replace window. Then search for "1" and replace with "^p1" (don't use the quotation marks). Search for "2" and replace with "^p2" and go through 9. Now every verse is it's own line and ready to have the chapter numbers added. 5 minutes, tops.

Of course, any verse headings will have to be rearranged back into the text. First (if the headings are in bold like they should be--in my opinion) just click the box that says "use wildcards" set your font search to bold, and search for (*) (with the parenthesis), and replace with ^p \1 (that's a ^p followed by three spaces, then \1). (I think I tried this before and it worked just fine). This will set apart all the headings so they are easy to locate. Then you will have to delete the specified font search (that way it searches for anything), then search with wildcards on for

^13 (*)^13([0-9]{1,3}) (that's three spaces after the ^13)

and replace with

^p\2^l\1

If I am not mistaken (and I am pretty sure these were the steps i took), this should place all the verses in their own line and have the verse header connected with the first verse to which it applies.

Then you have to do the tedious work of highlighting a chapter at a time, and replacing ^p with ^p1: (for chapter 1), then ^p with ^p2: (for chapter 2), and so on and so forth.

From personal experience, the verse-per-line part is easy. It's the chapter numbers that make me want to quit about the time I get to Psalms.

Brad

#15 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Note: my above post, when typed, had the three spaces which I mentioned, but when it posted, it deleted the extra spaces. If you do the search/replace, make sure you put the three spaces in so you don't replace things you don't want replaced.

If for some reason this doesn't work, let me know. But I'm pretty sure (typing all this from memory) that this is how I did it.

Brad

#16 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

When I did the latest edition of the Lighthouse Bible the other day I did not start from Cobb78's module because it was an older edition.

I only had to get all the verses on a separate line in a text file with no verse references or numbers. This is how theWord Bible modules are. This is very quick to do sometimes with searching/replacing.

I then just ran the text through the MySword migration tools. I then opened the MySword module and used sqllite browser to make a few changes to the database to make it like the e sword database as much as possible.

I then changed the extension and opened it up in e sword and it worked!

I do not know if this would work with all Bibles, but it worked with this one.

I have never made an e sword Bible module before, so I do not know if this was helpful, but it it was very quick to do the way I describe above with almost no manual labor!

#17 ebulerdo

ebulerdo

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

Hi pfpeller

Preparing a Bible module is not difficult if the text is correctly formatted. I have never used the MySword tool you mention, but you can even import the text directly from plain text to an e-Sword module using SQLite browser. You can use a blank template, or can make a copy or any module and then empty it of content.

Anyway, I always like to make sure no verses are missing and no verses are duplicated. This happens very often. I know a tool that does this for e-Sword 10 modules is in progress, but it is not ready yet.

Take care!

Carlos

#18 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi all,
Just to let you know that I am separating the bible from the commentary now, then putting the notes numbers to the cmt. Next step formatting the bible and cmt.

I plan to finish by next month. as I put the time into it.

thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#19 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

I look forward to seeing the finished product. Thanks in advance!
Posted Image

#20 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi all,

I have been doing other things (teachings, making my own Study Bible etc) I am refocusing and getting back to working on these two modules. I am on Luke now (extracting the names to the commentary. as well as organizing the bible as I go a long. There is a lot of extra returns that the wild cards did not get.

It is a lot longer than I thought due to me copying and pasting each one. Any suggestions and help would be great.

this is what I have done so far: Attached File  NT by Wilbur N. Pickering.zip   1.48MB   6 downloads

thank you
Niobi aka Patchworkid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users