Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

e-Sword Module Creation Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

Attached File  1th1 in esword.jpg   141.37K   17 downloads

Attached File  1th1.jpg   145.87K   15 downloads

at 1Th 1:1  there are no extra spaces at 1Th 1:1 the font does make it look that way 

edit

there are double space within the text at 1Th 1:1 in fact all of the text i checked has double but not at the refernce

I think this is one for Brent to look at

Edited by DSaw, 20 July 2015 - 03:15 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#42 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

attachicon.gif1th1 in esword.jpg

attachicon.gif1th1.jpg

at 1Th 1:1  there are no extra spaces at 1Th 1:1 the font does make it look that way 

edit

there are double space within the text at 1Th 1:1 in fact all of the text i checked has double but not at the refernce

I think this is one for Brent to look at

When I opened the rtf file and looked at 1 Samuel there is a double space one is space is completely empty and the other one has the little black dot 

#43 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

I didn't say there was not doubles spaces at 1Sam I said there was no double space at 1TH 1  which is where i was looking I was fouled by the font so i said the font looks like there is double space

I was not directing anything at you I am sorry if I made it seem that way

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#44 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

If these are tooltipped references, your rtf coding, for formatting, should look like this:

{\cf11\ul 1Sa_1:2} and etc. You should be able to switch one and switch off the rtf coding for viewing inT4.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#45 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

I didn't say there was not doubles spaces at 1Sam I said there was no double space at 1TH 1  which is where i was looking I was fouled by the font so i said the font looks like there is double space

I was not directing anything at you I am sorry if I made it seem that way

No no problem at all

#46 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

Thanks for all you help.  I found that I can correct this problem by placing a colon before the pre ceding paragraph mark after the last Hebrew word.  I had removed it before because of various searches that did not include words with the colon (computer read the colon as part of the word)  However there is more the reason to use an English letter  representation of the Hebrew word because then I can just eliminate the colon.  It would be nice to know how to move the colon away from the word but putting spaces in just pushes the Strong's number further away.  For now I am satisfied with the proper book names, a partially searchable Hebrew text and a fully searchable representation that can easily be compared with the Hebrew model.  One other problem I noticed is that my English representation of the Hebrew seems to screw with some Greek Modules in the comparison mode.  I don't have a clue has how to fix that.

dan ramsey

#47 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

PS.  I meant to say in the parallel mode not the comparison mode.  They work fine separately however, when side by side some fonts show Hebrew characters???

dan ramsey

#48 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

PS.  I meant to say in the parallel mode not the comparison mode.  They work fine separately however, when side by side some fonts show Hebrew characters???

You might want to check which fonts you have set for Hebrew and Greek in e-sword

#49 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 August 2022 - 08:55 PM

Since the last entry, changes have been made by the developer, Rick Meyers, in e-Sword. During July 2016 e-Sword version 11.0 for Windows was released. New features include all new HTML-based resources, including a new Lexicon module type. There is a new Pericope feature which places section headings throughout the Bible. Most of the resources have been updated to this new format, so you may want to download the updated versions of these modules, especially the non-English Bibles as they now contain the actual Unicode characters which makes for better search results. 

#50 DaleBuisman

DaleBuisman

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2022 - 11:46 AM

Greetings,

I purchased a PDF copy of Truth Commentaries. I have been learning how to Make a commentary module and so far after a few attempts, I am getting the hang of it by just using a chapter at a time. I am wondering if there is a way to be able to paste the whole chapter or even a whole book into the tooltip and have it formatted quickly?  Or do I need to insert (รท) myself before every verse on my own as I have been doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users