Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

e-Sword Module Creation Guidelines

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

That is the way they are written in the RTF, as you have shown and suggest for all the numbered books 1 and 2nd Thessalonians etc. but the first # is appearing at the end of the verse number in the ES module 1Sa 1:2 (appears as Sa 1:21)  1Jo 1:2 (appears as Jo 1:21) , however the first verse even appears correctly in the ES module.  Maybe I need to check the code behind the RTF?.

dan ramsey

#32 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

That is the way they are written in the RTF, as you have shown and suggest for all the numbered books 1 and 2nd Thessalonians etc. but the first # is appearing at the end of the verse number in the ES module 1Sa 1:2 (appears as Sa 1:21)  1Jo 1:2 (appears as Jo 1:21) , however the first verse even appears correctly in the ES module.  Maybe I need to check the code behind the RTF?.

It is hard to solve a problem from a description 

would you please post your RTF file Or at least the where the problems are showing up

DSaw

Edited by DSaw, 20 July 2015 - 10:00 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#33 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

I'm sorry I am not sure what you mean.  I do not know where to post an RTF file the Modules are SHP and SHP+ in Scriptural Hebrew Pattern and Representation. Thank you for your attention.  You helped set me straight before.

dan ramsey

#34 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Then my next question is how are you saving the module when you create it in tooltip as there are three different ways to save modules. 

The first method for saving is shown in tooltip as [book]/chap:verse if this is what used to create the module this might explain why the numbering is incorrect. You might want to try creating the module using the second way to save which is book chap:verse

#35 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:17 AM

I'm sorry I am not sure what you mean.  I do not know where to post an RTF file the Modules are SHP and SHP+ in Scriptural Hebrew Pattern and Representation. Thank you for your attention.  You helped set me straight before.

to post an RTF file and other types 

use the MORE REPLY OPTIONS to the right of the post button then you will see to the lower left the option to upload files

DSaw

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#36 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

This is not the final file.  as I finish adding Strong's numbers to SHR+ I will need to convert the letters from their keyboard representation back into a Hebrew Font but mostly for the last split only.  May be it would be best to wait for one last correction?

Attached Files

• Attached File  SHP+.rtf   153.97MB   4 downloads

dan ramsey

#37 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

The second method of saving is the only one I've used unless I hit the other by mistake.  I don't know how to use any of the other saving methods.

dan ramsey

#38 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Hi I ran the rtf you gave me this is the save method i used

Attached File  shp save.jpg   101.48K   16 downloads

here is the resulting BBLX

Attached File  shp testing.zip   3.15MB   4 downloads

I ran into no problems 

DSaw

Edited by DSaw, 20 July 2015 - 12:12 PM.

#39 dan ramsey

dan ramsey

e-Sword Supporter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Location13104

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

I removed my current E sword SHP+ and entered shp testing but I read the same problem in every book address with a # as the first part of the reference.  The first verse reference appears correctly and then  the book # appears after the verse #.  No change.

dan ramsey

#40 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

I removed my current E sword SHP+ and entered shp testing but I read the same problem in every book address with a # as the first part of the reference.  The first verse reference appears correctly and then  the book # appears after the verse #.  No change.

I think I found your problem you have a double space after the book name and before the chapter and verse which looks like this 1sa  1:1 where it should like like this 1sa 1:1. You need to remove the extra space and that should fix things, leave a single space with the tiny dot in it between the book name and chapter number. 

Edited by Tj Higgins, 20 July 2015 - 03:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users