Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

College Press Commentary Set (1950's/60's Version)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#61 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

The text has been completely digitized and proofread, including all of the commentary and all of the topical books.

Now, it's just the module making.

I'm back on it. I took about 2 months off entirely from module making, beginning before Thanksgiving until recently.

Josh

#62 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

The text has been completely digitized and proofread, including all of the commentary and all of the topical books.

Now, it's just the module making.

I'm back on it. I took about 2 months off entirely from module making, beginning before Thanksgiving until recently.

Josh

You deserved a break. Even a young guy like you needs some time off from time to time. Thank you sincerely for all of your hard work.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#63 Adam Olive

Adam Olive

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

How is this project going? :)

Is the module making still the last thing to occur?

#64 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:09 AM

How is this project going? :)

Is the module making still the last thing to occur?

The OCR was complete last year. But I took a few months off from Thanksgiving into the new year.

The commentary has been divided by passage. The topical books have been divided by topic. Both have been proofed twice.

All that remains is to tooltip each document, address the invalid references, generate the cmtx, and combine the cmtx's into one large cmtx file.

I still haven't quite decided how to handle the duplicate commentaries for Luke, 1/2 Corinthians and Revelation. 2 authors wrote commentaries for each book. I'm considering trying to include both commentaries for each book. When you click a verse in Luke, for example, you would see commentary from both authors, one after the other, with a bold header before each saying "Butler's Commentary" or "Applebury's Commentary". And the content would be labeled similarly in the book and chapter comments.

#65 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Does anyone have any thoughts on the file listing arrangement?

From a module perspective, we have:

1) The main commentary (cmtx)

2) We have 7 Reference Library "books", and some are multiple volumes (so 7 titles but more than 6 books/volumes). Normally, each one of these alone would be it's own project. 

3) We have a title called "New Testament" vols 1-2. This is the NIV and Good News translations with Dr. Rhoderick Ice's verse by verse comments. This is really a New Testament commentary and I have arranged it as a cmtx (commentary).

What is the clearest presentation of this material in file listing(s)?

I'm leaning toward 3 separate file listings. Or possibly combining 1 and 3 (the commentaries) and then having a separate file listing for the topical books.

Anyone have an opinion? On the one hand, it would be handy to get it all in one download. On the other, I think it may be difficult for the average e-Sword user to understand that two CMTX tabs will appear and 7 Reference Library titles will appear.

#66 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Hello Brother Josh,

I know there is a massive amount of material involved, so I think I would vote for your idea on 3 separate file listings. I think the end result would make the material easier and more likely to use.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#67 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Josh....

If I'm hearing this correctly.....this is what seems Logical to me: one tab "CPC-ot"......."CPC-nt"......then a 3rd tab in Ref.Library

"CPC-ref". Three separate downloads as "Journey" suggested above....again- if I've understood all of this correctly....sounds pretty good to me.....plus it lends itself to allowing the user to determine when or if he needs to download the "Ref" Tab. We currently have modules with 2 Tabs in DCTX (Vines ot/nt) and (Cyclopedia A-G/H-Z)....they seem to be well received. That's my thoughts anyway. 

Dartmaster644

#68 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Josh....

If I'm hearing this correctly.....this is what seems Logical to me: one tab "CPC-ot"......."CPC-nt"......then a 3rd tab in Ref.Library

"CPC-ref". Three separate downloads as "Journey" suggested above....again- if I've understood all of this correctly....sounds pretty good to me.....plus it lends itself to allowing the user to determine when or if he needs to download the "Ref" Tab. We currently have modules with 2 Tabs in DCTX (Vines ot/nt) and (Cyclopedia A-G/H-Z)....they seem to be well received. That's my thoughts anyway. 

Dartmaster644

Let me clarify:

We have the complete, Old Green commentary for the OT and NT. This will be one cmtx module. It will not be split between OT and NT. It will be one.

We have the 7 Reference Library titles, each resulting in 7 files vieweable from the Reference Library.

We have a separate commentary written on the entire New Testament (vol 1 here and vol 2 here). At first, this resource reads like a topical resource. Then you notice, it presents the NIV and Good News translation. Then it has verse by verse comments. This proceeds from Matthew to Revelation. It's a 2 volume, NT only commentary buried within the College Press Series.

My question was should this all be presented in one file listing, or split into two or three listings.

#69 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:29 PM

Thanks Josh.... 

I had an idea I wasn't getting all that quite right....turns out I wasn't even close. Thanks again Josh ! By the way.....I'm like a kid waiting for Santa Clause to deliver on Christmas Eve......I've been waiting on this one for a L-o-o-o-n-g time.

Dartmaster644  

PS: I believe 3 listings will be best !

Edited by dartmaster644, 29 April 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#70 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

I think my wording confused several people originally.

I'm hoping to have this thing tooltipped in the next week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users