Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

College Press Commentary Set (1950's/60's Version)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#51 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think you should check out the archive copies closer before just the pdf scan's because IA uses Abby fine reader and far better than Adobe.  However, if scnn ur way is faster and far better results than IA then be my guess.  I already started on removing the line breaks of the others, then send

I look for the finshed copies and send them.  first Isaiah images ought to be found.

#52 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

of course I always press send before proofreading my comments. 

It great that you have that software.  You should do next NEW Testament V1-2. It s a study bible so easy for you to window/select just the notes and not the text.  I would waste too much time to gut the NIV/TEV texts and not interested in putting in the NIV/TEV side by side.  This would go much faster for you.  Hope to have Christian Doctrine vol 2 done for the weekend

#53 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

"Going the "OCR dump" route through Archive.org or through Adobe Acrobat (or just about anything else) will yield something that looks like text but it will be full of errors, bad line breaks, void of italics/bold, etc. And ferreting out those errors will take more time than just doing running the scans through Abby to begin with. "

I prefer google copies. since this is copyrighted.  I had to use IA and going through it seems that Find/replace is just as fast if not faster than scan/pg and spell check.  I have to get off my duff and enhance theogical words dictionary done by rodney decker.  It plugs into MS word for spell checker.  It would help even more.

too cheap to pay for Abby fine reader but its just best to ship the PDF to ya.

M

Edited by anh Mike, 26 July 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#54 grechmt

grechmt

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Are the College Press Green Books / Bible Study Textbook Series finished?  Thanks.

#55 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:43 AM

Getting close. The NT is completely digitized and proofread. OT is 90% digitized and proofread. It will be December sometime...

Josh

#56 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

do you attempt to contact Dr. Smith for permission to convert his works???  The missing commentaries Ezek, Lamentations, Jeremiah?

#57 Kerry Cox

Kerry Cox

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

Hello!  This is awesome!  I am not sure if there is anything I can do to help or if this is available yet...anyone?

#58 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hello!  This is awesome!  I am not sure if there is anything I can do to help or if this is available yet...anyone?

No, it isn't available yet. It will be big news when it does become available (front page).

Edited by journey, 14 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#59 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

Josh is spearheading it, but it involves a lot more than just him, as it is a HUGE set that requires a lot of work.  When it's done, it will quickly become the most downloaded module (that's my bold prediction).

#60 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Josh is spearheading it, but it involves a lot more than just him, as it is a HUGE set that requires a lot of work.  When it's done, it will quickly become the most downloaded module (that's my bold prediction).

I agree. Many people will be anxious to get their hands on this module. I'm one of them. I realize how huge this project is, and I sincerely appreciate all of the hard work that I know it will take to publish this.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users