Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

College Press Commentary Set (1950's/60's Version)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#71 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Let me clarify:

We have the complete, Old Green commentary for the OT and NT. This will be one cmtx module. It will not be split between OT and NT. It will be one.

We have the 7 Reference Library titles, each resulting in 7 files vieweable from the Reference Library.

We have a separate commentary written on the entire New Testament (vol 1 here and vol 2 here). At first, this resource reads like a topical resource. Then you notice, it presents the NIV and Good News translation. Then it has verse by verse comments. This proceeds from Matthew to Revelation. It's a 2 volume, NT only commentary buried within the College Press Series.

My question was should this all be presented in one file listing, or split into two or three listings.

I think that I understood correctly:

1 - Main Green Commentary module.

2 - One NT Commentary dealing with the NIV and Good News.

3 - 7 Topical modules.

I know this is a huge amount of material and think that dividing it up like this would make it easier to use.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#72 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Personally, I'd create two different commentaries, and have them listed as separate downloads (Rhoderick Ice, and College Press).  That's just me.

#73 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

3 separate listings my thoughts

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#74 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

This commentary will be very large.

Commentaries of this size are made one book or volume at a time. And then combined into one large commentary module.

55 megabytes for the first 8 books of the New Testament.

Attached File  green-size.jpg   113.16K   33 downloads

#75 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hello Brother Josh,

I knew it would be a big project because my dad had the hard back collection. He was a Pastor for 60 years and used them almost every day. God bless you for taking on such a large project. I've been looking forward to this for a long time and know that it will be used for God's Glory.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#76 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

The New Testament is completely done.

80 megs total.

Attached File  old-green-nt.jpg   159.18K   51 downloads

#77 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 May 2014 - 02:41 PM

The New Testament is completely done.

80 megs total.

attachicon.gifold-green-nt.jpg

Thanks for all of your hard work Brother Josh. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this. I knew it would be big, but I really didn't expect it to be this big. Hang in there and God bless you.

#78 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

The BTS use KJV or ASV, then paraphrase, questions on comments, and more questions, fill in the blank, sermons.   Everything except the kitchen sink.  Therefore it is a lenghty series.  Keep in mind that they are workbooks and not the average commentary.  I created an abridged Gospel of JOHN 2 vols. from I.A. files, removing everything but questions, comments, and maps for a friday night church group.     @1000pp. to 562pp. Butler could have been concise in his Gospel of JOHN 2 vols.

Michael

#79 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:07 PM

I merged all the College Press / Old Green Commentary threads into one, so we can wrap this up nice and neat.

The finished product is here in one file listing, including the versions for e-Sword HD and LT: http://www.biblesupp...series-59-vols/

Remember, there is the main commentary written by dozens of authors (tab name: collegepress), the NT only commentary written by one author (tab name: ice), and 7 Reference Library titles.

You can easily locate the Reference Library titles by searching your Reference Library for: college press

Attached File  ref-library-old-green.jpg   151.55K   13 downloads

I hope the material is a blessing to everyone!

Josh

#80 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hello Brother Josh,

I've had a chance to explore some and all I can say is WOW! - Thanks! - God bless you for your work. I look forward to working with this material.

Love In Christ,

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users