Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie Help with Module Making

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction? We have a Bible Study course that we'd like to make available for our E-Sword users, perhaps just one or two lessons. I have no clue how to begin to do this and am thinking that perhaps there is a simple "how-to" available somewhere, but do not know where to look. Can anyone assist? E-Sword is the most powerful study tool I've ever used and is as powerful or more so than the most expensive Bible programs! I cannot say enough about it and tell many likewise. Whenever the opportunity arises, I offer to install and instruct on its use and always, always request they say thank you with a donation for all the hard work that goes into it. Sorry, didn't mean to get into a testimonial, but it needs to be said: Thank You!

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

ToolTipTool aka T3 is the goto program for creating modules

http://www.biblesupp...d-tooltip-tool/

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

And speaking of T3, here's some basic instructions for getting started with it:

http://doctordavet.c...structions.html

#4 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Thank you both. I printed out Dr. Dave's instructions and downloaded T3. I am a bit confused, though, on T3 installation--where and how do I install it--is it IN E-Sword or separately? I would want to create a topic in Word and then import into T3 (I think) so that it would be available for others to include into E-Sword? Does this make sense? Thanks again,.

#5 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

WOW! I just viewed a short video on the ToolTipTool. That certainly adds to the power of E-Sword! (But I'm still unclear on where/how I install it.)

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

T3 is a separate install

the files for T3 are zipped you need to unzip first
then run the .exe file

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#7 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Forgive my ignorance, when I unzip and run the .exe file, does it install it within the E-Sword program on my computer or is it totally separate?

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

separate and will put an icon on your desktop

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

T3 comes in its own installer program (very much like the e-Sword installer program). Its wizard based, so all you need to do is run it, and then:
  • Click on the Next button
  • Read the EULA
  • Click on the "I accept the agreement" radio button
  • Read the instructions
  • You can see where the program default installation path is, and if that is what you want then,
  • Then you can see where the default Start Menu folder is, and if you don't like that, you can change it to where you want it to go.
  • Click the Next button
  • You may click on the Check boxes to have a desktop icon and/or a quick launch Icon created, or leave them unchecked if you don't want any icons created
  • Click the Next button
  • Click the Install button, and you should then be cooking with gas.
I trust all this stuff will help you.

Blessings,
Stephen (Php 1:21).
X (formerly Twitter)

#10 Oneman

Oneman

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:54 PM

Thanks much! I cannot believe how vast E-Sword has become! Have a good evening, there's a lot to absorb right now before I get started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users