Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Searching by highlight color

6 replies to this topic

#1 k8plord

k8plord

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 05:52 AM

Is there a way to search for Bible verses that are highlighted with a specific color?

#2 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 March 2024 - 06:51 AM

I guess it could be a feature in the next version of e-Sword for PC. I presume you are talking about PC version?

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 March 2024 - 02:36 PM

Is there a way to search for Bible verses that are highlighted with a specific color?

From a programmers perspective, I guess that it can be done, but when it comes to specificity that can be a real problem.

So, here's the problem: You could have many verses of Scripture which have the same color (you can see the road I'm taking), and in your search by color, the result (you guessed it right) of that particular will pop up. So, which verse did you really want?!

Albeit that the search by color is somewhat narrower than a search by a word, you still may not find the exact verse you are looking for. And the difficulty can be even further compounded by a user when he or she just loves to go for the customized colors rather than the 6 main colors in e-Sword. And (by the way) there ain't a name for them. 

But, hey, what do I know, I'm just a (retired) programmer.

Nuke Emoji.gif

My head just exploded

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 23 March 2024 - 02:44 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 k8plord

k8plord

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 05:48 AM

I guess it could be a feature in the next version of e-Sword for PC. I presume you are talking about PC version?

Yes, I have the PC version. My desire is to look at all the verses I have highlighted in orange, which are my "prophecy" verses. As well, all those highlighted in blue, which are my "prayer" verses. The end result would be to do a Bible study on the various topics and have my verses in one view.

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 06:49 AM

When you make your highlight, why not save that verse to an appropriate verse list? Then you will be able to see them all in one place, and in the appropriate category.

#6 k8plord

k8plord

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 07:19 AM

When you make your highlight, why not save that verse to an appropriate verse list? Then you will be able to see them all in one place, and in the appropriate category.

Great idea but I would have to start from scratch. That is why it would be nice to search all the "orange" highlights and copy them to Topic Notes.

#7 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 25 March 2024 - 08:01 AM

You could easily(ish) find Book, and Chapter that you have markup on by looking at the markup.ovlx file in something like "DB Browser for SQLite"

https://sqlitebrowser.org/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users