Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Hi from James Robertson

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2023 - 12:22 PM

Hi there

I used eSword many years ago and have just come back to it.

I have a project to create a Bible version based on the KJV with commentary reflecting things I have learned that I believe to be valuable.

I look forward to learning how to create content for eSword.

Very impressed with the range of what is available.

James Robertson

Dr James A Robertson

Seeking to help people draw closer to the Creator and Yahooshua {Jesus}.

#2 mattymatt82

mattymatt82

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2023 - 03:21 PM

Hello James, looking forward to seeing what you come up with

#3 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 12 September 2023 - 12:10 AM

http://www.biblesupp...ues/#entry45032

Edited by Katoog, 12 September 2023 - 06:01 AM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#4 gkunze

gkunze

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 10:30 PM

nice to meet you, James

geometry dash

Edited by gkunze, 08 October 2023 - 10:30 PM.

#5 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2023 - 01:38 PM

I am looking to connect with someone who can discuss my requirement and show me how to import my fairly complex MS Word Bible text with footnotes into ToolTip NT and thence into e-Sword,

I am prepared to pay a consulting fee to someone who is really knowledgeable

I anticipate that i may need to get someone to write me a VBA macro to automate the manipulation that is required

Thanks so much

James Robertson

Dr James A Robertson

#6 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 06:36 PM

I am looking to connect with someone who can discuss my requirement and show me how to import my fairly complex MS Word Bible text with footnotes into ToolTip NT and thence into e-Sword,

I am prepared to pay a consulting fee to someone who is really knowledgeable

I anticipate that i may need to get someone to write me a VBA macro to automate the manipulation that is required

Thanks so much

James Robertson

All you need to do us copy and paste your text into Tooltip NT and then save the information to create your bible module. I recommend not including the footnotes in your bible text but rather in a separate commentary module. 

#7 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2023 - 05:00 AM

Hi Tim

Thank you for your prompt reply, I currently have about 850 footnotes from Mattew to Romans and will be adding many more -- i have prepared the document in MS Word formatted to generate a final pdf for printing and i want to find out how to convert that text, probably exported in Rich Text Format, to the format for Tooktip NT with the footnotes embedded -- I anticipate that I will have to get someone to write a Visual Basic macro to convert the RTF to the Tooltip NT format and then to the eSword format. -- there are also a number of articles cited that i would  like to load separately into eSword and cross reference from the Bible text

I am sure i can work it all out but I am looking for someone who is an expert to spend an hour or two on Zoom with me and discuss my requirement and how best to accomplish it.

As I say, I am sure i can figure it out with time but right now I am short of time, i work full time to support myself and then work on my Bible project at the weekend and I am currently focused on adjusting one book a week, posting it on my website and sharing it with my mailing list

Thank you so much for your ongoing interest.

Warm regards and blessings

James

Dr James A Robertson

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 October 2023 - 09:28 AM

Hi Tim

Thank you for your prompt reply, I currently have about 850 footnotes from Mattew to Romans and will be adding many more -- i have prepared the document in MS Word formatted to generate a final pdf for printing and i want to find out how to convert that text, probably exported in Rich Text Format, to the format for Tooktip NT with the footnotes embedded -- I anticipate that I will have to get someone to write a Visual Basic macro to convert the RTF to the Tooltip NT format and then to the eSword format. -- there are also a number of articles cited that i would  like to load separately into eSword and cross reference from the Bible text

I am sure i can work it all out but I am looking for someone who is an expert to spend an hour or two on Zoom with me and discuss my requirement and how best to accomplish it.

As I say, I am sure i can figure it out with time but right now I am short of time, i work full time to support myself and then work on my Bible project at the weekend and I am currently focused on adjusting one book a week, posting it on my website and sharing it with my mailing list

Thank you so much for your ongoing interest.

Warm regards and blessings

James

You Don't need to do anything other then save your MS-Word document in RTF format, ToolTip NT is an RTF word processor. It can easily read RTF files, once the RTF file is opened in Tooltip NT creating the bible module will require a few simple steps. 

#9 James_Robertson

James_Robertson

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2023 - 12:37 PM

How will it add the book and chapter codes on every verse that are used in e-sword?  as far as i can see i need to add those with a macro before I import

How will I convert the footnotes in MS Word to footnotes in Tooltip NT -- does it have the functionality to do that?

Thanks so much for your help :)

Dr James A Robertson

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 24 October 2023 - 01:54 PM

How will it add the book and chapter codes on every verse that are used in e-sword?  as far as i can see i need to add those with a macro before I import

How will I convert the footnotes in MS Word to footnotes in Tooltip NT -- does it have the functionality to do that?

Thanks so much for your help :)

ToolTip Tool NT has a user guide which is both comprehensive and well illustrated that you will guide you through both steps and procedures of how to create and edit resources, and export them to a resource file, e.g., a Bible file..

X (formerly Twitter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users