Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Are Toolbars within each window editable?

2 replies to this topic

#1 ToriLee

ToriLee

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 12:57 PM

I would like to move the "search" button [binoculars] to the right of the search field on the far right of the toolbar in the Bible Search window.  Is this possible?  See attached screen capture.

Thanks,

Tori

Attached Files

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 May 2023 - 04:11 PM

Please contact Rick Meyers and his e-Sword development team, and explain which version of e-Sword you are using (for PC, for Mac, for iPad, for iPhone, or for Android).  https://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html Also explain why this would be an improvement to the existing design.

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 25 May 2023 - 04:14 PM.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 May 2023 - 07:24 PM

I would like to move the "search" button [binoculars] to the right of the search field on the far right of the toolbar in the Bible Search window.  Is this possible?  See attached screen capture.

Thanks,

Tori

Hi Tori,

The Answer is "No." All the toolbar buttons are fixed.

I think your idea has some merit, but that's just me. Personally, I like the idea of having the ability to customize/edit toolbars and menus. There's just something about adjusting things to make it better for oneself rather than going along with whatever the default settings are. And that would include the way one wants the layout of the main interface in e-Sword to be like (see screenshot below to see how I have it).

e-s_All 1030.PNG

And this is the way I like it, and it works really well for me.

But going back to what you would like to be able to do and have. I think do what Olaf suggested, and see what Rick Meyers has to say. I think he's pretty much open to suggestions, and if he likes it and thinks that its a good idea; then you could possibly see it in the next version of e-Sword.

By the way, keep us informed of any news you get from Rick.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 25 May 2023 - 07:25 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users