Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Custom .bbli will not load in Android

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rswoods

rswoods

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2022 - 03:44 PM

Greetings,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place..

I work for a ministry that is working on a Bible translation. The translation can be exported in various formats, one of which is e-Sword's .bbli. The exported .bbli imports perfectly fine into e-Sword PC, X, HD, and LT, but it will not import into e-Sword for Android. When I try, the file is copied into the e-Sword files directory (I can see it there because my Samsung tablet is rooted..), but the Bible is not available to select from within e-Sword. It doesn't show up in the program, period. There is also a commentary (.cmti) and a reference book (.refi), and they import just fine into all versions of e-Sword, including Android.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'll be happy to upload the .bbli if it would help.

Thanks,

Rob

#2 rswoods

rswoods

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2022 - 05:43 PM

Never mind, the problem is solved. My mistake. In the details table in the .bbli, I had named the "Strongs" field "Strong". Having the right field name helps....

It's interesting that even with the bad field name, the file worked in the PC, X, HD, and LT versions, though.

But I'm good to go!

Thanks,
Rob

#3 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 22 September 2022 - 10:05 PM

For later readers of this post, you will find further useful details at http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/11824-transfering-modules-from-e-sword-for-windows-and-applemac-devices-to-e-sword-for-android/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users