Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Custom theme for e-Sword

4 replies to this topic

#1 thecreativedg

thecreativedg

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2021 - 01:43 AM

Hello brothers and sisters, may the Christ bless you. I got a question.

How to edit theme of e-Sword? Or create new one? I think on option in display settings - Daylight theme

Big Thnx

#2 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:29 AM

Hello brothers and sisters, may the Christ bless you. I got a question.

How to edit theme of e-Sword? Or create new one? I think on option in display settings - Daylight theme

Big Thnx

I suggest write out your suggested various theme changes for the e-Sword background, and contact the developer, Rick Meyers, direct. He has website https://www.e-sword.net and has personal access on the "contact" option. BIBLESUPPORT.COM does not actually change the e-Sword application - that comes direct from Rick Meyers. At present see e-Sword "Options", for various Display Settings, and Font Settings, and App Theme, and App Language options. For existing options, open e-Sword and use function key "F1" and search in the e-Sword User's Guide (2014) in PDF format. In the existing e-Sword User's Guide, use (Ctrl+F) to search for words in the PDF document. Please direct all your new ideas directly to Rick Meyers, explaining whether these are for Windows 10 (Microsoft), or for Apple Operating Systems. The e-Sword User's Guide is loaded, when you update e-Sword, directly into the folder at This PC > Windows (C:) > C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword  Please also read the License.pdf in the same folder, which will explain what you can and cannot do at present. 

#3 thecreativedg

thecreativedg

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 May 2021 - 05:12 AM

Great, thank you very much for answering this in details. Blessings

#4 DKHagans

DKHagans

e-Sword Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2023 - 10:12 AM

Quick question, does this mean there are no other themes availble for E-sword other than the three that come with it? I am having issues with my vision and even with cataract removal and new glasses my vision is just not what it used to be, the only theme I can run is black, this allows me to at least see the minimize, maximize, and close options in the upper right hand corner. they are really small so the only theme that allows me to see them is black.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 13 November 2023 - 03:59 PM

Quick question, does this mean there are no other themes availble for E-sword other than the three that come with it? I am having issues with my vision and even with cataract removal and new glasses my vision is just not what it used to be, the only theme I can run is black, this allows me to at least see the minimize, maximize, and close options in the upper right hand corner. they are really small so the only theme that allows me to see them is black.

e-Sword is 100% WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get). Nothing more, and certainly nothing less. That means there are no extra themes available for e-Sword. Only the 4:

• Daylight
  • Lamplight
  • Dimlight
  • Lowlight

There is no setting where you can configure/customize the background color to your personal taste. And to be quite frank, I doubt that you would find any Bible study software that will/would (take your pick) have that kind of feature. Moreover, I have extreme doubts that Rick would add that kind of feature into e-Sword, because (my guess is) his preference is to keep e-Sword both bare-bones and uncluttered as possible.

Blessings,
Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 13 November 2023 - 04:01 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users