Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

transferring to another computer

5 replies to this topic

#1 Yahwins

Yahwins

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 06:42 AM

How can I move my esword program and all that is in it from one computer to another?

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 08:00 AM

How can I move my esword program and all that is in it from one computer to another?

The easiest way is to do a fresh install of e-Sword on the computer first, then copy all your modules on the old computer to flash drive. 

Once you have all of your modules copied you can put the flash drive in the new computer and copy the modules to the new e-Sword installation on the new computer. 

If you have notes, journals, bookmarks and highlights saved you can copied those files from the e-Sword folder located in the documents folder on the old PC to the flash drive as well

#3 Yahwins

Yahwins

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2021 - 09:12 AM

thank you fanatic

#4 Chansmith

Chansmith

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:05 PM

This doesn't work. I have a lot of bought ones and none copied over. I have two computers I use, my laptop and desktop, and wanted to put e sword on both without having to download all of them twice. 

#5 Chansmith

Chansmith

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 06:18 PM

It seems that e-Sword puts them into a folder called virtualstore. 

#6 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2021 - 07:29 PM

On my computer, the paid modules are kept in a separate folder in "virtualstore." Your computer may be different. The way I found my files, is I looked at what the name of one of my premium modules were, for example, "nicot.cmtx" and I did a search in my "locate files" section of my PC by typing in the name of the module file. It took about 10 minutes to go through all my computers files, but then it will pop up with the path. Simply track down how to follow that path, then you will reach your files, then just copy and paste into the folder of your choosing.

The exact path on my computer (PC, Windows 10) is the following:

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

Edited by davejonescue, 27 April 2021 - 07:32 PM.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users