Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#71 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

A more mundane question, I use the e-sword macros for MS Word quite a bit, they don't seem to work with version 10, will there be new macros available?

For that matter where can I download them...can't find where the macros for version 9 are anymore.

Am still experimenting with the new features, so far they have been amazing.
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#72 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:24 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#73 byJOHNNY

byJOHNNY

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, VA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

There's a "Page Layout" button that disables when e-Sword is exited but maintains the settings of the selected column.

#74 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:55 AM

Interesting. When I select 2 columns and restart e-Sword, I lose my 2 column view. When I press the Page Layout button, the 2 column view does not return. It doesn't matter to me, just noting mine doesn't seem to work like yours.

How many of you are seeing a light tan background in the Topics Editor window (instead of a white background)? That will be fixed soon as well. The Editor RTF control picked up Rick's background color instead of using the user's defined Windows background color.

#75 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

light tan? My background is more of a dusty rose; and it's quite feminine (I hate it)

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#76 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

light tan? My background is more of a dusty rose; and it's quite feminine (I hate it)

Dusty rose? Well I dunno my colors that well but here's mine. Kind of a "warm tan" for me: :D

Attached File  background_color.jpg   573.86K   22 downloads

#77 HisDisciple

HisDisciple

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

Love the newest upgrade. However, several of my .bblx didn't pull in??? Sadly, they are the Bible versions that I use the most (Amplified, New Living Translation, Message).

Is there something I can do to pull these in?

Thanks!
Phillip Williams
<>< Psalm 119:144b ><>

#78 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

Love the newest upgrade. However, several of my .bblx didn't pull in??? Sadly, they are the Bible versions that I use the most (Amplified, New Living Translation, Message).

Is there something I can do to pull these in?

Thanks!

Click Options > Resources from the e-Sword main menu. You will see a screen like this:
Attached File  resources.jpg   182.44K   24 downloads

The first red box shows which Bibles are selected to display in e-Sword. Make sure the Bible is listed there and verify it's checked.

The second red box shows where e-Sword looks for Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries. If your .bblx files are not in that folder, put them in that folder and restart e-Sword. Or if the wrong folder is listed (all your resources are in a different folder), insert the correct folder and restart e-Sword.

#79 HisDisciple

HisDisciple

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:37 PM

Click Options > Resources from the e-Sword main menu. You will see a screen like this:
Attached File  resources.jpg   182.44K   24 downloads

The first red box shows which Bibles are selected to display in e-Sword. Make sure the Bible is listed there and verify it's checked.

The second red box shows where e-Sword looks for Bibles, Commentaries, Dictionaries. If your .bblx files are not in that folder, put them in that folder and restart e-Sword. Or if the wrong folder is listed (all your resources are in a different folder), insert the correct folder and restart e-Sword.

Yes sir, all that is done. Those versions still don't appear.
Phillip Williams
<>< Psalm 119:144b ><>

#80 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Yes sir, all that is done. Those versions still don't appear.

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Does the Amplified Bible appear in the first red box window?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users