Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

e-Sword 10.0.4 Released (Test Drive Version)

e-Sword 10 Reference Library

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#81 HisDisciple

HisDisciple

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:42 PM

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Does the Amplified Bible appear in the first red box window?

No sir, it does not...
Phillip Williams
<>< Psalm 119:144b ><>

#82 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

----------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DSaw, 31 October 2011 - 03:23 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#83 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Amplified bible shows up for me...as well as the few other purchased bibles I have.

#84 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

I have 2 versions of the AMP bible. One is a legitimate, premium e-Sword module. The other one was improperly copied and not legitimate/official. This version does not display because it's not properly authorized. So if this is the case, you need to return to eStudySource or e-Sword.net (wherever you purchased it from), and download the official, authorized version so it will display properly.

I believe this is also the case with the other 2 premium modules you mention: NLT and MSG.

#85 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Another possible: If you happened to have uninstall the old one, it uninstalls some resources. You will have to copy them over from your backup or your cd if you have one. (Or redownload them).

#86 JesusLives

JesusLives

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Josh, you say in the faq on the front page, the Ref Library should be used to view topics. And that the "Editor/Topic window" is to be used for personal topics, "topics.topx" I believe you said. But the only way to edit a topx file is to use the "Editor/Topic window".

If I want to edit a topx file, say add pictures, I have to copy it to the my documents -> e-sword folder because that's where e-sword looks for the topics files. Then make changes there in the "Editor/Topic" window". Then when I'm done I manually move the file to the program files -> e-sword folder to view it in the Ref Library. That's a lot of copying and moving but I think I have it.

Edited by JesusLives, 29 October 2011 - 05:24 PM.

#87 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Josh, you say in the faq on the front page, the Ref Library should be used to view topics. And that the "Editor/Topic window" is to be used for personal topics, "topics.topx" I believe you said. But the only way to edit a topx file is to use the "Editor/Topic window".

If I want to edit a topx file, say add pictures, I have to copy it to the my documents -> e-sword folder because that's where e-sword looks for the topics files. Then make changes there in the "Editor/Topic" window". Then when I'm done I manually move the file to the program files -> e-sword folder to view it in the Ref Library. That's a lot of copying and moving but I think I have it.

Right, you may need to copy the topics file to your my documents\e-sword folder to edit it. But you could avoid the second copy to the program files folder. You could convert the topx file to a refx file and it would be moved automatically. To do that, press the CTRL key and right click your mouse anywhere in the text of the topx file. Click Convert to Reference Book. The refx module will not be readable outside of e-Sword or modified in a database browser (that's the potential downside). And those with e-Sword 9 won't be able to read it. But because refx files support compression, refx is ideal when your resource uses images.

Also note that pictures should be used in a reasonable way. Do not import a high resolution image. Downsize the image to 72-100 dots per inch. And resize the image if necessary, as there's no reason to place an image that's too large for an average monitor. The reason I strongly suggest this is: over time, if everyone makes and shares resources with huge images, your e-Sword will grind to a crawl as it struggles to process unnecessarily large resources.

#88 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Speaking of images, here's some tips I've learned thus far with working with images.

Note that when you import the picture into e-Sword with the "Insert Picture" icon, the text may flow around your picture in some cases. That may be undesired. Select the image, cut the image, and then paste the image (that's my quick way--the "formal" way is to double click the image and under Wrapping Style, select "Top and Bottom"). This will cause the text not to flow around the image.

Also by default, images may display at a larger percent (i.e. 150%) of their original size, which can distort the image. Double click the image, click the "Size and Distance" tab, and change the Scale width and height percents to 100%. Next, click the Saving Options tab. Change the resolution to 90 or a number in that range that looks good.

#89 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

A more mundane question, I use the e-sword macros for MS Word quite a bit, they don't seem to work with version 10, will there be new macros available?

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html has the e-Sword 9.8 macros.

jonathon

#90 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Has there been instances of corruption since the switch to SQLite database instead of Access?

Corrupted files is only part of the issue.

A: Use different Study Note files for different purposes.
  • The Study Note file for Wednesday Night Bible Study;
  • The Study Note file for Sunday School Class;
  • The Study Note file from Perry Stone's talks on TV;
  • The Study Note file for each, individual of my various theological paper I'm working on;
I have half a dozen topical files that I update/add content to/edit, as my understanding of the subject changes. Another half a dozen or so are used to transcribe sermons, Bible study sessions, and the like to e-Sword. (These topical files are partners to the study note files.)

If I could, I'd do the same thing with the journal.

The partial solution is to simply use a word processor for all that content, and import it into e-Sword when the resource is "finished". For journals, that would be at the end of each liturgical year. Or secular year, for those that don't adhere to a liturgical calendar. (I am looking at electronic journals and diaries as things of value to others. Furthermore, being digital, sharing the e-text editions with third parties is much simpler, and easier than when using pen and paper.)

B: Distribution.

Some individuals, groups, and organizations distribute their content as Study Note files or Topical files, with the express purpose that people go through the material, and edit it according to the results of their personal Bible Study. One group that I'm aware of, collects these edited resources, merges them together, and distributes the final product to all group participants. In situations like that, you really don't want unrelated material to be merged --- especially if it is of a personal, private nature.

jonathon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: e-Sword 10, Reference Library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users