Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Post e-Sword Module Requests Here

• Please log in to reply
523 replies to this topic

#371 peterpanpirate

peterpanpirate

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

From here: bibletranslation.ws/palmer-translation/

The one here on the site is from 2011, the newest on Palmer's website is from Aug 2014

#372 v8rumble

v8rumble

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

Hello all!  New to the forum...wondering if David Sorenson's "Understanding the Bible" commentary is available in module form for e-Sword?  Thanks so much!

#373 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

Hello all!  New to the forum...wondering if David Sorenson's "Understanding the Bible" commentary is available in module form for e-Sword?  Thanks so much!

David Sorenson's staff contacted me in July of 2014 about selling this commentary in e-Sword format. I sent them to Rick Meyers, the creator of e-Sword. I'm not sure of the current status. You can contact Rick at e-Sword.net

#374 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:12 PM

Looking back over my notes on this subject...

David Sorenson's staff contacted me in April of 2014. I sent them to Rick. I followed up again with Sorenson's staff in July to see how it went, but they did not respond.

In looking at the source material, one issue I remember is that the Greek/Hebrew fonts were legacy fonts, rather than unicode. e-Sword can support either one, but the best way is to use unicode (else you must distribute and install fonts for the end-user to use). 

For my own personal use, I created an e-Sword commentary from Sorenson's commentary. But it has the legacy fonts. And that would need fixing if it were to be sold by Rick, I imagine. But again, the decision on all of this would be Rick's and he would have the latest updates, if any.

#375 Yahwins

Yahwins

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

Is "the Living Torah" by Aryeh Kaplin available as a module?

Thanks and Shalom

#376 katt5365

katt5365

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

I would love to have the Treasury of scripture knowledge enhanced version for my iPad mini. I just got my first Apple device and the first app I installed was e sword.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

BH Clendennen Preaching the Gospel 24/7
My Personal Website: It's About HIM:

#377 peterpanpirate

peterpanpirate

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:46 PM

Is "the Living Torah" by Aryeh Kaplin available as a module?

Thanks and Shalom

I doubt there is one available for free, as I only found buy links for the Book, nothing in Public Domain

#378 davejonescue

davejonescue

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 01:38 AM

This goes out to all you experienced and patient module makers. I came across this work entitled "Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics" by Hastings, Selmie, & Grey. It is 13 vols. The first volume I viewed was 1000 pages, double column! I could never complete this myself, but it looks like a very informative series, so if anybody is up to it, I think it could benefit the body of Christ greatly. I will try to leave the link below. The pdf's can be found on archive.org, the bad part is, is there is no text or ocr for the files, just pdf, scanned copies. Like I said, whoever does this will have their work cut out for them. Thanks for the interest. God Bless.   

http://archive.org/ details/EncyclopaediaOfReligionAndEthics.Hastings-selbie-grey.13Vols

This is how the link is written, I have a problem, I can never copy and paste in E-sword, and the links never seem to work. But I did my best.

Edited by davejonescue, 13 March 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#379 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:54 AM

Here ya go (Good link)

https://archive.org/...bie-gray.13Vols

Roy

#380 davejonescue

davejonescue