Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Bible in the Karen Language

3 replies to this topic

#1 otto

otto

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:16 AM

I work with the Karen people of Burma and would like to pursue getting a bible module of the Karen language available in e-Sword. I am reasonably capable technically, but would like to get some instructions of where to begin by those who have done this kind of thing before. Is there anyone who could give me some pointers as to where to begin this project?

Obviously, I need to locate the Karen fonts and a Karen electronic bible. However, assuming I have these, what steps are necessary to create an e-Sword module using this data?

Thank you,

—Otto Gershon

#2 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:26 AM

I work with the Karen people of Burma and would like to pursue getting a bible module of the Karen language available in e-Sword. I am reasonably capable technically, but would like to get some instructions of where to begin by those who have done this kind of thing before. Is there anyone who could give me some pointers as to where to begin this project?

Obviously, I need to locate the Karen fonts and a Karen electronic bible. However, assuming I have these, what steps are necessary to create an e-Sword module using this data?

Thank you,

—Otto Gershon

You will need to download the module creation tool known as E-Sword Tooltip, this is the program used to create all of the various module types for use with E-Sword.

E-Sword Tooltip comes with a very detailed users manual in pdf format that can guide through module creation. The module creation process is not difficult but does take a little practice. 

Here is the link to download E-Sword Tooltip:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

After installing E-Sword Tooltip you can access the users manual by clicking "Help" from the E-Sword Tooltip Menu. The users manual is the last option on the "Help" Menu

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 July 2018 - 04:43 PM

As TJ noted, you need to download ToolTip NT, the module creation tool.

It's much easier to create modules without using a specific font. Instead, the modern trend is toward unicode. This way, no special fonts are needed. It gets more complicated when trying to create Bible modules with specific fonts, both with module creation tool (ToolTip NT) and with the distribution (and installation) of the fonts with the module.

Josh

Thank you,

—Otto Gershon

#4 otto

otto

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:00 AM

Thank you, TJ & Josh! This is wonderful. I have a friend who is translating material for me into Karen. Accomplishing this task will make many people in the Karen community happy, especially my friend for now. Again, thank you.
—Otto

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users