Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Copy and Paste

5 replies to this topic

#1 mikejody

mikejody

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

Greetings,

Is there an easy way to copy and paste Scripture into MS Word? I'm sure we can just highlight, copy and then paste, but is there any other way? 

And if there is, can we define how the passage will paste? Such as in paragraph mode with Scripture in parenthesis at the end, etc.?

Thank you.

Mike

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

There is.  There are macros written especially for e-Sword and MS Word.

They are accessible through the built-in  Download  area of e-Sword Chose the Extras option then scroll down until you see your version of Word, download and install. They even work if e-Sword is not running.

They had been messed up with 11.0.2, but they have been revamped as of 7/23/16 and that should have fixed them....I plan to find out as soon as I sign off here.

Tim

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 mikejody

mikejody

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:57 PM

Thank you Tim, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it. You said to go to the Download area of E-Sword and choose the "Extras" option. The Download area of the E-sword website has no "extra" option, and neither does the download section of the desktop E-sword, and neither does the "Biblesupport.com" website. I've looked for a long time and just can't find it. Could you be specific as to where to locate this? Sorry to have to ask, and thank you for your help.

There is.  There are macros written especially for e-Sword and MS Word.

They are accessible through the built-in  Download  area of e-Sword Chose the Extras option then scroll down until you see your version of Word, download and install. They even work if e-Sword is not running.

They had been messed up with 11.0.2, but they have been revamped as of 7/23/16 and that should have fixed them....I plan to find out as soon as I sign off here.

Tim

#4 mikejody

mikejody

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

OK I actually found it here: http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html. I've downloaded it, and now my only question is, how do I use it? Are there hotkeys to invoke the program? There are no directions associated with it. Thank you again.

#5 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

The macros will appear in the Add-Ins tab. They are (left to right) Search, Copy/Paste, change translation and Translate.  The the pop up windows are very similar to the ones in e-Sword so they are especially easy to use once you get them set up.

There is also a way to make them appear in the "ribbon) at the top of the screen.  See the rectangle with two dots?  Some people find it easier to put them there.

BTW, the current version of e-Sword is now 1.0.3.  You might want to DL that too if there  are still problems with the macros.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#6 mikejody

mikejody

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 02:49 PM

Absolutely perfect, got it now. Thanks much Tim!

The macros will appear in the Add-Ins tab. They are (left to right) Search, Copy/Paste, change translation and Translate.  The the pop up windows are very similar to the ones in e-Sword so they are especially easy to use once you get them set up.

There is also a way to make them appear in the "ribbon) at the top of the screen.  See the rectangle with two dots?  Some people find it easier to put them there.

BTW, the current version of e-Sword is now 1.0.3.  You might want to DL that too if there  are still problems with the macros.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users