My offer to convert Gesenius if its keyed to strong's is still open
Even if your file is marked up for mysword or mac I can use your strong's numbers keyed to the Hebrew and the file I was originally working on to create the eSword version
Thank you for your message.
Below is my considerations:
- The purpose of creating Gesenius lexicon is to lookup words in Hebrew bible. I think the Gesenius lexicon in BHSE project had archived its purpose already.
- The Gesenius in its current form was created to lookup every word or every part of word in the text of BHS.
- Due to limitations of Strong's number system itself, some part of Hebrew words of prepositions do not have a proper Stron's numbers at all. therefore, it seems a DOWNgrading of current Gesenius lexicon, if mapping them to Strong's numbers. I am thinking what is the point of reworking the Gesenius to downgrade its usage.
- even official e-Sword BDB Stong's number module does not give definitions of all words. that's why I created another BDB lexicon in BHSE project, to cover all words. that's why I am still thinking why I need to do a reverse process for Gesenius.
- to key map the current Gesenius lexicon with Strong's numbers, I have roughly 1775 more entries have to check through. I am thinking is it worthy to spend this extra time to downgrade the lexicon.
- I had painstakingly finished key-mapping Strong's numbers to HALOT. however, my experience of using Gesenius in its current form is even better than using Strong's numbered HALOT, because of limitations of Strong's number system for Hebrew text. that's why I finally rework HALOT in same form as current Gesenius to work in BHSE.
Therefore, I put higher priority to settle the whole BHSE collection first. I think it is more meaningful. I will only consider rework kepmapping Gesenius lexicon after this one.
Thanks for your offer, anyway.