Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How can I read books in e-sword?

2 replies to this topic

#1 JahnStef

JahnStef

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:08 AM

I've downloaded Don Krow's Discipleship-Mastering the Basics and installed it using the Module installer.

Yet I can't find it in e-sword (STEP-reader).

What am I doing wrong?

#2 JPG

JPG

Bug Hunter

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

It is a .topx file. You view this resource via the "Reference Library..." in the tools menu; Same thing via the books icon, on the top bar of the main program.

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationThe Land of the Long White Cloud

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

I've downloaded Don Krow's Discipleship-Mastering the Basics and installed it using the Module installer.

Yet I can't find it in e-sword (STEP-reader).

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Jahn,

It's not so much that you're doing anything wrong, its rather that you don't know what the actual file format is that you're downloading and where to access them.

All the Book resources here are in either in topx or refx format Those in topx format can be read in either the Topic Note Editor or the Reference Library. Those in refx format can only be read in the Reference Library.

When downloading any e-Sword resource, the default installation folder is, for XP, C:\Program Files\e-Sword, for Windows 7 and above, C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword. e-Sword's Reference Library accesses them for that default folder.

For more information regarding e-Sword's Reference Library, refer to your e-Sword User Guide by clicking on Contents in the Help Menu or F1 on your keyboard.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 27 February 2015 - 01:36 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users