Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Installing E-Sword HD modules for IPAD from PC

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 02:51 AM

A link to the offending module will be helpful for ones to determine the issue.

#22 rswoods

rswoods

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:18 AM

A link to the offending module will be helpful for ones to determine the issue.

It's not public yet, and I do not want to upload a module here that does not work... Is there a way to get visibility into what the problem is?  Are there characters or formatting that eSword PC permits that eSword HD does not?  Again, the bblx loads fine on the PC.  When converted to a bbli it is rejected. Thanks.

#23 rswoods

rswoods

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

Thanks very much to JPG, the problem has been solved. 

This was the problem:  The title of the Bible I am working with is "Revised English Version".  While the PC version of ES allows this, the Apple versions apparently reject it.  All I had to do to successfully generate the bbli is change the title to "RevisedEnglishVersion" (no spaces), and it worked.  As simple as that seems, it took a few hours to track it down.

Again, kudos to JPG.

#24 jzvi12

jzvi12

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Hi guys, does anyone knows of another app/software that is also capable of converting from BBLX to BBLi (to any iOS compatible module? Is the "e-sword PC to Apple module conversion Utility" the only one used to perform this conversion? I was also told that ToolTip is capable of doing this conversion. IS there another 3rd party app to help converting?

#25 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

Hi guys, does anyone knows of another app/software that is also capable of converting from BBLX to BBLi (to any iOS compatible module? Is the "e-sword PC to Apple module conversion Utility" the only one used to perform this conversion? I was also told that ToolTip is capable of doing this conversion. IS there another 3rd party app to help converting?

The best program for converting from bblx to bbli is e-Sword Tooltip NT which the module creation tool for all version of e-Sword. The only other option is the Apple Module Conversion Utility.

You can download Tooltip here:

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

#26 BDM

BDM

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:58 PM

Is there a way to convert a PC e-Sword File .MAPX to a File that will work in Apple iPad e-Sword HD??

The current e-Sword PC to Apple Module converter doesn't have a .MAPX listing under file types.

#27 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:10 AM

Is there a way to convert a PC e-Sword File .MAPX to a File that will work in Apple iPad e-Sword HD??

The current e-Sword PC to Apple Module converter doesn't have a .MAPX listing under file types.

The word back from Rick Meyers, is as follows.

Jon,

There is not an Apple equivalent, i.e. no MAPI file format, thus no need to convert the MAPX files.
In His service,
Rick Meyers

#28 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:59 PM

The word back from Rick Meyers, is as follows.

Jon,

There is not an Apple equivalent, i.e. no MAPI file format, thus no need to convert the MAPX files.
In His service,
Rick Meyers

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, is the way the cookie crumbles. So now you know!

X (formerly Twitter)

#29 userbob

userbob

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:29 AM

Does this method apply to the new ipados (currently at 13.5.1)? This is my first apple device. ipados allows external flash drive connection, but thus far, it only seems to allow access to the DISM photo folder. Does anyone know if/what modifications to the process are necessary?

#30 Janhenley

Janhenley

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:47 AM

Is there any way to download books directly to my ipad. This seems unduly complicated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users