Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

ESV Bible / Rylsims Commentary

8 replies to this topic

#1 Clark Roy

Clark Roy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

I am trying to locate ESV bible and rylisms commentary.

I can't seem to locate it. Any help would be appreicated.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Both are available with the "e-Sword module downloader" by the download tab in e-Sword

rylisms is by the Devotions.

Don't forget to press on the download tab and start after selecting the files.

Edited by Katoog, 27 January 2015 - 02:52 PM.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#3 Clark Roy

Clark Roy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

I know they will download but will not install to some error. I can'tget nothing to install from that. They should be on web site.

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

I know they will download but will not install to some error. I can'tget nothing to install from that. They should be on web site.

Hi Clark,

I noticed that you're new to BibleSupport, and I guess that you're a new e-Sword user. So, with that in mind, I trust the next bit of stuff will help you out a lot.

Do actually have the resources you wish, they have to be purchased. They are not free! Now I know that can be a right royal pain in the neck, but that is the way it goes with them. Go to eStudySource and purchase your resources from there. If you have never done that before, you need to create an account of which you will need to enter all your details. This includes a Credit (or Debit) card as well, and then from there you should be home and hose.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

I know they will download but will not install to some error. I can't get nothing to install from that. They should be on web site.

What does the error say?

#6 Clark Roy

Clark Roy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

It just ran ino a roblem canotinstall

#7 Clark Roy

Clark Roy

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm not new, I have to create a new account. and what I'm looking for is no cost...

#8 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

1st, you are correct, both of those files are in the free category.

They are also official e-Sword modules so you will not find them for download here. They must be downloaded through the e-Sword program-Download menu option.

The ESV bible file should be named esv.bblx and the downloader 'should' have placed the file in the main e-Sword directory (this may vary depending on what version of Windows you use).

The Rylisms module is a Devotional module and not a commentary (if I understand correctly what you were after that is).

You should be able to access that (once installed) from the menu choice Tools->Daily Devotions... its filename is rylisms.devx and in my installation it wound up in the VirtualStore folder.

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword\   (Note: I am using Windows 7)

I hope this might help you at least see if you are actually getting the files to the correct locations. Please note, files may or may not get placed in VirtualStore depending on how the installer/e-sword was being run.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 27 January 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,857 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword\   (Note: I am using Windows 7)

Hi Clark,

And if you're using Windows 8x then its simply C:\Program Files(x86)\e-sword. Gone is the Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ bit. Something that MS got right for a change.

Just a bit of a bunny trail here: I understand that Windows 10 is going to be the best Windows version ever produced. So, with that, I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 28 January 2015 - 03:46 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users