Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-sword on mac - some module text is too small

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Slimdiggy

Slimdiggy

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Hi biblesupport.com,

Thanks for this awesome resource!

I am a new Mac user and am using CrossOver to run e-sword and am attempting to load .exe modules using CrossOver, as well. On several of the downloaded modules, once installed, the font size is too small to be readable. They don't match the font size of the other modules. I've tried installing them in different ways with same results.

On my PC, the same modules are completely normal, but not on my Mac. The specific modules are: G Campbell Morgan commentary, Utley NT commentary, and Chuck Smith commentary.

Any ideas? I suspect that it's not an issue with CrossOver.

BTW, with other modules, I was able to drag non-.exe files directly into the e-sword library folder in the mac directory

(~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/e-Sword/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword) without using CrossOver, and modules were viewable and normal in e-sword after restating the program. 

Thanks again

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi biblesupport.com,

Thanks for this awesome resource!

I am a new Mac user and am using CrossOver to run e-sword and am attempting to load .exe modules using CrossOver, as well. On several of the downloaded modules, once installed, the font size is too small to be readable. They don't match the font size of the other modules. I've tried installing them in different ways with same results.

On my PC, the same modules are completely normal, but not on my Mac. The specific modules are: G Campbell Morgan commentary, Utley NT commentary, and Chuck Smith commentary.

Any ideas? I suspect that it's not an issue with CrossOver.

BTW, with other modules, I was able to drag non-.exe files directly into the e-sword library folder in the mac directory

(~/Library/Application Support/Crossover/Bottles/e-Sword/drive_c/Program Files/e-Sword) without using CrossOver, and modules were viewable and normal in e-sword after restating the program. 

Thanks again

The modules you listed have one thing in common: they're commentaries.

In e-Sword, click Options from the main menu. Then choose Fonts.

First, make sure the Default font is set to a font on your Mac and available to crossover.

Next, try increasing the default font size.

#3 Slimdiggy

Slimdiggy

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

I have 40 commentaries installed but only a few of the recently added modules were misbehaving. But sure enough, when I played around with the fonts, I found one that made everybody happy. 

Thank you.

#4 christtheark

christtheark

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Hey Josh how do we make fonts on Mac available to crossover?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users