Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

win 8 tablet and esword

No replies to this topic

#1 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just picked up one and esword kind of works.  On the scroll arrows not so much.  Anyone fiind a way to scroll through the commentary list or Bible list? 

Thought I'd add some thoughts in case others search for info.

I have two programs that are iffy when it comes to scroll bars and scroll up and down arrows.  One is E-sword and the other is an old personal info manager called true sync.  Both will allow use of the scroll bar IF you tap in the right spot just right.  The arrows are very iffy on the PIM and very very iffy on E-sword.  In fact I CANNOT scroll in the bible/dictionary/commentary listings to slide the books left and right.

Overall I am totally impressed with the unit I received.  Iconia W700P.  On in about 6 seconds, has an i5 processor.  Other than the scrolling I am finding to problems as yet.

I might add, I am not rich, this was courtesy of Emachines.  We owned three of them many years ago - they had defective floppy drives - emachines sold them anyway - class action law suit - everyone that owned one and that had registered it was given a 300+ dollar voucher to use on Acer's recertified unit site.  We picked up the Iconia and a nice netbook for free :-)

The floppies were supposed to verify written data, but they did not.  I had noticed over the years that I had a lot of data errors in my text files but hadn't figured out why - uhhh now I know.

Might add I ordered a bluetooth mouse which should allow the scrolling but will make a funny bulge in the bag on the way to coffee :-)

Edited by exscentric, 30 August 2013 - 09:11 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users