Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

reinstalling eSword and books

13 replies to this topic

#11 Michael Arnold

Michael Arnold

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationShelbyville, Tennessee

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Thank you very much.

#12 Michael Arnold

Michael Arnold

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationShelbyville, Tennessee

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Guess what? I just discovered that Bible Support keeps up with my downloads at Mysettings/eSword downloads. Now I don't have to try to remember everything that I had. Although, keeping a backup is a perfect choice!

#13 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:37 PM

Guess what? I just discovered that Bible Support keeps up with my downloads at Mysettings/eSword downloads. Now I don't have to try to remember everything that I had. Although, keeping a backup is a perfect choice!

Assuming you only have modules from the e-sword built in downloader and Bible support, that is true.  But there are other sites (mostly dealing with Hebrew, Greek and other original language Bibles)

This one is basically an apologetics site, but has so good Greek and Hebrew resources.   They also have on line access to the Apologists Bible commentary, an excellent resource.

http://www.foranansw...ord_Modules.htm

This site has only a couple of modules, but offers a link on line material on learning Hebrew for Christians:

http://www.ourchurch...p=1_6_Resources

and http://www.hebrew4ch....com/index.html

As well as other nifty links.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#14 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:34 AM

If you have backed up your e-Sword and Document e-Sword directories,

Install e-Sword then copy all of the backed up files to the directories you took them out of for the back up.

(The two directories you need to copy are C:Program Files (x86)\e-Sword and

C:\Users\your name\Documents\e-Sword.)

Fairly fast and simple IF you backed up those two directories before you lost access to the hard drive you had them installed on.

Thank you for sharing. I also used One Drive and Icloud to transfer all my files and programs from one laptop to the other. I am so glad it was easy enough to do.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users