Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword 10.2 Sneak Peak [Now Released]

30 replies to this topic

#11 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hello Brother Josh,

Do you know if this bug is likely to be fixed soon? I couldn't help but wonder if it was a limitation built in intentionally to make copyright holders happy.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#12 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

The makers of the text control (textcontrol.com) are very slow in providing updates. In previous cases where Brent reported bugs, it took them over 9 months to provide an update. 

I reported this bug to Rick Meyers two weeks ago. He confirmed it was a bug, so no I don't believe the bug is intentional. Rick reported the bug to the text control developers.

The fact that Rick went ahead and released it anyway suggests to me that the bug will not be fixed very soon--if a fix were coming soon, he would have likely waited for the fix to avoid the clutter of multiple releases close together.

#13 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Another bug, related to the one you mentioned I am sure.  The macros (including Hotkey) no longer work.  Inconvenient.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#14 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Sadly, I'll wait until the next release when all of the bugs are fixed before upgrading. I have a need for the features that are broken in the new release.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#15 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

I'm so thankful for the ability to see which verse/s on a screen have notes.

I so long for the day when we will be able to do wild card and boolean searches. Example: bapt* would display verses containing baptize, baptized, baptizing, etc. Admittedly, I have not tried to use wild cards in probably a year or more but they wouldn't work at one time. AND, AND NOT, and OR searches would be welcome also. Again, it's been some time since I've tried them. Also, I yearn for the day when e-Sword will be compatible on Linux without having to use Virtual Box or jumping through other hoops.

#16 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm so thankful for the ability to see which verse/s on a screen have notes.

I so long for the day when we will be able to do wild card and boolean searches. Example: bapt* would display verses containing baptize, baptized, baptizing, etc. Admittedly, I have not tried to use wild cards in probably a year or more but they wouldn't work at one time. AND, AND NOT, and OR searches would be welcome also. Again, it's been some time since I've tried them. Also, I yearn for the day when e-Sword will be compatible on Linux without having to use Virtual Box or jumping through other hoops.

Entering bapt in the search box checking the "Partial Match" box would get what you wanted, that has been available for some time.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#17 DeCann

DeCann

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Are you saying that you can not copy from eSword and paste into a word processor?  A problem working with the clip board?

Is Tool Tip NT affected?

#18 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:38 PM

Are you saying that you can not copy from eSword and paste into a word processor?  A problem working with the clip board?

Is Tool Tip NT affected?

ToolTip NT is not affected.

#19 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

I have acquired a copy of X9 of Text Control, that is being used in e-Sword v10.2 to use in Tooltip Tool NT.  I can confirm it is a bug in Text Control.  I have created a simple work around, and that is to set the RTF text on the clipboard in my application during a copy.  I do this now with HTML.  But I should not have to!!! This is a weird bug to have in a popular Text Editing control.  

#20 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

Another bug, related to the one you mentioned I am sure.  The macros (including Hotkey) no longer work.  Inconvenient.

I have installed v10.2 of e-Sword, and the Macros and e-Sword HotKey still work fine!  There is the issue of the clipboard Copy bug still out there.  There is a work around for the editors, if you switch the editor to Page view, then Copy and Cut work correctly.  This will not fix the problem with Commentaries or Dictionaries. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users