Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Help compress module!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 byfaith to God

byfaith to God

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

posted in the topic "Instructions for Making Your Own MySword Modules", and it is not clear whether anyone reads the topic ... so it's going to create a new topic then on that question ... so ...

Created a first module from the theWord module to MySword ... source module weighed 300 mb in compressed form ... Unpacked it, and he began to weigh 3 GB (module with a lot of pictures) ... Converted it into a module MySword and began to weigh 6 GB ... theWord allows compressed modules ... Is it possible to compress module for MySword, to compress the images is in the database? Well, it turns out a lot of weight to this module ... Thank you ...

#2 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:01 AM

Out of curiosity, what module are we talking about that is *that* huge?

#3 byfaith to God

byfaith to God

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:06 AM

Out of curiosity, what module are we talking about that is *that* huge?

Unfortunately, the name is nothing you will not find it in Russian module of the Russian assembly program theWord ... but if asked, I answer, the module is called,

''Евр. и халд. этимологический словарь к кн. В. Завета'' И.О. Штейнберг (Dictionary, published in the 19th century, the module with images)

Edited by byfaith to God, 03 July 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi

Just a suggestion, the images make the module huge in size. The type of images should be Jpeg.

The SqLite might compress the module.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 byfaith to God

byfaith to God

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hi

Just a suggestion, the images make the module huge in size. The type of images should be Jpeg.

The SqLite might compress the module.

Thanks

I do not know what it formats the pictures, but I only know that the program theWord module weighs only 300 megabytes ... You can then compress ... but how?? tell me! tried the 20 programs, graphics for SqLite, none compress module, all programs execute command "VACUUM", but it does not compress the image ...SOS!!! HELP compress the module! Thanks....

#6 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

I really don't know much about this but......

-Can you extract each image and replace it with something else? (another image)?

If the answer to this is yes try extracting just the first few images.

See if they come out as j-peg files.

-If the answer to this is also yes,

-Open one of those images in a graphics/image editor. (One that will handle j-peg images).

-Don't actually edit anything, jut do a Save-as, when the save dialog box pops up

you will *most likely* be able to select the file type.

-Again choose j-peg.

-At this point you will hopefully (either in the same save dialog or a new dialog may open up) be able to choose the compression.

-Try selecting something around 50% and finish the save process.

-Once the compressed version is saved, try opening that one up in an image viewer and see if the resolution of the new version is acceptable.

-Finally take a look at the file size of the new image. Compare that to the file size of the original image. Is there substantial size saving in that one file? If you assume that as an average savings and and multiply that out across the number of images you have, would the total savings get the module down to a size that is reasonable for you? You'll just have to try a small test and see how it turns out.

As far as *free* image editors go, the GIMP will do this.

Commercial (pay for) programs, I would most likely try Adobe's Light_Room (LR). The thing about LR is, if you record (like a macro) the adjustments you make, LR will apply those same changes across all of the images you select.

Well, I hope some of this at least sparks a few ideas for you to follow up on.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 03 July 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#7 byfaith to God

byfaith to God

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Roy,  as the content type of the database in this module - rtf, it's a simple substitution of one image to another is not possible ... Image displays a program, in this case, theWord, and images directly from the module can not extract ...

what to say, so I spread the module itselfe, Anyone can see what and how, and who may be able to make a module for MySword size less than 6 gigs, but I could not ... in the archive is module for theWord, unpacked ... archive itself weighs 250 mb, but the module in it weighs 3.15 GB ... really need this module with him into an android, but it was too much weight without compression ...Who will be able to compress it?? Thanks in advance ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users