Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Warning or FLAG possibly so we don't waste our time

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

When a resource is protected (so we can't view outside eSword) is it possible this website could make it clear whether a resource is protected or not?

I know it's possible - but I ask whether might consider doing it?

You're all over social-media icons and links (the numbers through which one must in future trade or not be able to trade?)

I used to be but refused them - I KNOW what they do with the data (they make it clear to everyone except their users) and it's wicked imo.

I want to find one apocrypha-using file so I can see how the book numbering is done - not possible now in Meyer-world where I can see it goes up to 70+ but can't see content so don't know what method they used - interspersing - or at the end?

btw - I will be writing to the Crown - my Queen with regard to the KJV rules that have affected this

The only problem is people like me - I cannot transmit the KJV to other people - as I'm a subject of my Queen.

In the UK it is copyright (kind of) - but it means, in theory we cannot be given KJV without license.

You know what is weird - the license for the KJV is held by the same guys that withhold the NEB license. Cambridge press. Or have I got that wrong?

Anyway - please point me to an Apocrypha non-encrypted bible or let me know about numbering  - PLEASE

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Social media...wicked...future trade...my eyes kind of glazed over there. My advice: don't use it if it's wicked. :)

All resources on this website require e-Sword for the PC or MySword for Droid devices (and other than a similar name, they two software are not related). So no flag necessary, since all resources require one or the other.

KJV is copyrighted by the Crown in the UK. That copyright is kind of the like the King and Queen, for show only. It has some impact in the UK but none elsewhere. The KJV is freely distributable in the US, which is what I care about.

NEB is a different work than the KJV.

Not a single Bible on this website is encrypted--it's in sqlite database format, for use with e-Sword or MySword.

#3 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I am from UK - so it impacts me this silliness on KJV

There is NO thing that is protected so much that is not the Crown Jewels or Royal Palaces.

Yet they KNOW they have no rights outside the UK.

Holding them despite this is wicked and seems sinister somehow....

I got AKJV.bblx from this site - overwrote what I had

I can use it fine - of course

I can not view contents with sqlite viewer except as 'blob' which when opened in garbage

So -  if I want to know how numbering of Apocrypha goes - it doesn't work as I don't know

is 1Edras = book 17 - with others pushed down

or 1Edras = book 67 - and eSword rearranges stuff

In an apocrypha-using bible I can see LAST book is 75 but don't know the order before that

Integral or appended?

Please tell!!!

Pretty please.

I do not know - please tell me

and yes- social media is another topic - from what I read in New Scientist it's starting to sounding like something aforementioned... but another chat space - sorry for mentioning it in this forum

Edited by TaSwavo, 10 April 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Why are you viewing an e-Sword Bible module through a database viewer? It's intended to be used with e-Sword.

If you just want to the read the KJV with Apocrypha, why not go here: http://www.biblestud...apocrypha/kjva/

#5 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

The reason I wanted to view it is related to my other post - i.e. to view which books the apocrypha counted as. You answered that query - so thanks very much :)

#6 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

If you have T4 installed, execute the following in the T4 "Calculator" and it will give a list of all the numbers used in e-Sword for Bible books: Open it by pressing "Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A"  Is the following commend in the lower edit box:

#disclose ( 1 + #iota #shape Chapters),#each Chapters

#7 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

67 Tobit              
 68 Judith             
 69 Wisdom             
 70 Sirach