Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Using Bibles from WORDSearch or QuickVerse in eSword

7 replies to this topic

#1 Home User 1

Home User 1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

Can you use or convert Bible modules from WORDsearch 9 or QuickVerse 2011 to use in eSword 10.
Looks like there would be a converter for this or a way to import Bibles you have already purchased with a different software program. Why would you have to keep buying all the same Bible version over and over again? Thanks for any help one might give.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hello and welcome.

When you buy digital content, you're purchasing the rights to it only for that software. At least that's what publishers like to say, along with anyone wanting you to buy something. :)

I personally see no problem with format shifting, and I've done so for my personal use. Once I buy a book, morally and ethically, I believe I can do with it whatever I choose for my own personal use (not selling copies or anything crazy). For example, I've converted many commercial Kindle books for my personal use.

Nevertheless, we do not have a utility or importer to convert Step book Bibles to e-Sword Bible format. You would have to buy them.

#3 Home User 1

Home User 1

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Josh for the reply. I guess it all depends on what software you buy and where. I downloaded a free program from WORDsearch called Bible Explorer 4. Later I got WORDsearch 9 Basic. There wasn't many bibles that you got with the free version of Bible Explorer 4 and limited amount with WORDsearch 9 Basic. I believe they are in cross format. I then later purchased QuickVerse 2011 Deluxe which is not in cross format. They converted and made available for me to download all these modules from QuickVerse format to cross format and now I can use all the same modules in all 3 programs. Over 500 total. I got all at the same website so I guess that is why they let you use modules you paid for with all the different programs they sell. Anyway, that is why I was asking my question about using these modules with eSword. eSword is a nice program but not nice enough to me to buy all them modules again to use in eSword. Thanks again and God Bless.

#4 Josh H

Josh H

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Ca

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hey Josh,

What tool do you use to convert Kindle books?

Josh H

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I use Calibre for much of my digital book management needs. You can add a plugin for Calibre that will read Kindle books, but that's not offered by the makers of Calibre. You can google it.

#6 Josh H

Josh H

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Ca

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Thanks

#7 Gerald

Gerald

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

Hi Josh

Just another question - is it possible to use Bibles/Books in other programs

like Logos, QV or WSearch. Is there a program to help with such a process?

Thanks so much.

Kind regards

Pastor Gerald

#8 Gerald

Gerald

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

Hi Josh

Sent email/reply too quickly. I meant of course Bibles/books in esword

that could be used in other Bible programs.

Gerald

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users