Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Wordsearch & Quickverse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gerald

Gerald

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 05:43 AM

Hi

I have been using QV alongside e-sword for a very long time now. I know that step books in QV can

be used in ES when you use the Step2rtf facility and mostly it does the job very well indeed.

My question is - is there a tool to do the opposite - use a book or module in QV as this would be very

handy for a book or two that I use quite often that isn't in QV. I am presently using QV2008.

Gerald

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:58 AM

STEP resources are very expensive to create. There are some rather expensive licenses to obtain in order to create the STEP platform of modules. At this point, there is nothing publicly available to create STEP resources of any kind.

The Good News is that eSword actually has a STEP reader in it, so that STEP resources can be accessed in their native STEP format. The STEP reader icon used to be visible right on the eSword tool bar, but it is now buried under the "Tools" menu (select "STEP Reader"). Once the STEP reader opens, click the "File" menu and choose "open." Now you'll have to navigate to the folder where your STEP material is stored. Once you find it, click on either an individual book (a file called "book.dat" or "*.dat") or an entire collection ("volume.ini" or "*.ini").

eSword's STEP reader provides excellent integration for Quickverse STEP material. Several years back, I purchased the Wiersbe "BE" series and the MacArthur NT Commentary for Quickverse and used them with the STEP reader with great profit.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#3 Tyler Wallick

Tyler Wallick

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

I cannot find the STEP reader in e-Sword X. Have done several searches online with no success. Any info appreciated!

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

I cannot find the STEP reader in e-Sword X. Have done several searches online with no success. Any info appreciated!

Hi Tyler,

I had a look at the screenshots of e-Sword X on the e-Sword website, and didn't see a screenshot for the STEP Reader there. So with that, I think, and this is purely a guess, that it doesn't have one.

Like I said, it is a guess, and I could be totally wrong. That said, I think someone else may be able to enlighten you far better than I can.

Having said that, I think that if e-Sword X doesn't have an embedded STEP Reader as e-Sword for Windows does, and you think that you may need the STEP Reader, then I suggest you install e-Sword for Windows on your Mac, using Crossover.  At least that way you will get the best of both worlds.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 June 2023 - 02:01 PM

WORDsearch Bible Software, based in Austin, Texas, was one of the oldest and largest publishers of software and digital books specifically for Christian pastors, Bible teachers, and students. WORDsearch became part of the ministry of B&H Publishing Group of LifeWay Christian Resources of Nashville, Tennessee, but was sold to competitor Faithlife in 2020. Upon the announcement of the sale, it was also announced that WORDsearch would be retired and transitioned to Logos Bible Software, with users receiving Logos for free.

WORDsearch produced specialized study programs under the brands WORDsearch, QuickVerse, and myWSB and a compatible library of over 5,000 digital books on Windows, MacIntosh, iPad, Android, and web browsers. It was developed under the academic division of B&H Publishing.

The Logos staff have an article "Wordsearch Bible Is Transitioning to Logos", September 21, 2020. This article can be accessed at https:// www.logos.com/grow/wordsearch-bible-is-transitioning-to-logos/ Link here
As of September 30, 2021 no new links to Wordsearch software are available. You can read FAQs about WORDsearch & Logos at https:// www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq Link here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users