Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword's internal Module Downloader doesn't work for me

19 replies to this topic

#11 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

What antivirus are you using? Try disabling that as a test. What is your "home network" that you mentioned earlier?

My home network is a simple wireless network for several home devices. The internet cable is plugged into a wireless router which broadcasts the signal throughout the house. I'm using AVG Free for my anti-virus, and it's up-to-date.

I disabled AVG and restarted e-Sword, but the Module Downloader did not show any modules in the window to download for any of the 6 tabs.

It makes sense that there's a problem with e-Sword "talking" to the internet, but I have no idea what the problem is. All my other programs sucessfully communicate with the internet - web browsers, email client, IM client, anti-virus, etc.

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

<p>It also could be that you&#39;re using an earlier version of e-Sword. A lot of changes have been made to download addresses, and as such if you&#39;re using an older version, then your download manager may not be finding the files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, if you&#39;re actually using the current version (10.10) then there certainly could be a bug problem. If that is the case, I suggest you report if to Rick. Another thought on that, see if Rick Meyers (author of e-Sword) can help. If that fails, then you might have to have your computer looked at or have a techie look at your internet connection thingy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Blessings,</p>
<div>Autograph.png </div>

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

<p>It also could be that you&#39;re using an earlier version of e-Sword. A lot of changes have been made to download addresses, and as such if you&#39;re using an older version, then your download manager may not be finding the files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, if you&#39;re actually using the current version (10.10) then there certainly could be a bug problem. If that is the case, I suggest you report if to Rick. Another thought on that, see if Rick Meyers (author of e-Sword) can help. If that fails, then you might have to have your computer looked at or have a techie look at your internet connection thingy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Blessings,</p>
<div> </div>

Yes, according to e-Sword's Help-About window, I'm using version 10.1.0, and that is the version I downloaded from the e-Sword site and installed.

#14 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Have you reported the issue to Rick Meyers?

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html
Scribe

#15 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

My home network is a simple wireless network for several home devices.

You might be running into a proxy issue.
">Download >Bibles >Options >Proxy"

Fixing it, depends upon what the proxy expects.

ut the Module Downloader did not show any modules in the window to download for any of the 6 tabs

The only other cause of the Internal Module Downloader not working, that I am aware of, is a missing DL. AFAIK, thta only happens when using a Windows emulator, such as WINE, or CrossOver.

###

What version of MIE is installed?

jonathon

#16 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

Have you reported the issue to Rick Meyers? http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

Yes, I reported it. Rick Meyers replied saying to try turning off firewalls. I did this, but it didn't help. I have not heard back from him in response to the failure of that suggestion.

#17 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

You might be running into a proxy issue. "&amp;gt;Download &amp;gt;Bibles &amp;gt;Options &amp;gt;Proxy" Fixing it, depends upon what the proxy expects. The only other cause of the Internal Module Downloader not working, that I am aware of, is a missing DL. AFAIK, thta only happens when using a Windows emulator, such as WINE, or CrossOver. ### What version of MIE is installed? jonathon

I'm on a home wireless network without a proxy. All my other programs connect to the web just fine.
I'm not using a Windows emulator. I'm on a PC running Windows Vista.
What is MIE? I'm not aware of running it.

Edited by n6days, 16 October 2012 - 10:05 AM.

#18 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

I'm on a home wireless network without a proxy. All my other programs connect to the web just fine.

Not a proxy you configured, but one that your Internet Service Provided configured.

What is MIE? I'm not aware of running it.

MIE: Microsoft Internet Explorer.
If you have removed it from your system, then that is your problem.
Fixable by reinstalling it.

If you have installed and run it, then there might be a version issue.

jonathon

#19 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Reply to Jonathon:

Microsoft Internet Explorer is still installed, and I can connect to the internet with it. I have ver 8 of IE.

I'm not aware of any ISP proxies. I haven't had to make provision for any proxies with other programs like web browsers, email clients, IM clients that connect to the internet, so I wouldn't expect to have to for e-Sword. How do I find out the right proxy settings to use? I am fairly certain that I do not go through a proxy server.

#20 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

When I click Help-Technical Support in the e-Sword menu, it opens up the contact form http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html in my web browser, and this is how I sent the first request for help which Rick Meyers answered. Similarly, clicking Help-Training Demos and Help-User Group opens the websites in my browser. So e-Sword can communicate with the web. It's just not listing any files in the Download window.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users