Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword's internal Module Downloader doesn't work for me

19 replies to this topic

#1 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

I have used e-Sword for many years and finally took the plunge to upgrade from version 8 to version 10.0.1. I have the new version installed and running, but when I try to use the internal e-Sword Module Downloader to download new versions of my old modules, nothing shows up in the downloader window. Clicking on all 6 of the tabs only gives the message "There are no items to show."

I have no trouble connecting to the internet outside of e-Sword. I do not have a proxy server.

Any ideas?

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

hi

please try this
1. open up e-Sword
2. click on help (top right side)
3. click on Content (F1)

The e-Sword manual shows up, go to page 53 on how to down load modules. (please read carefully)

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

I already did what you suggested, patchworkid, before posting my question. My problem is that after step 2 on p 53 nothing shows up in the Downloader window where resources are supposed to be listed.

#4 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Sorry, I mis-typed the version number. I'm running e-Sword ver 10.1.0, and the internal downloader doesn't list any modules.
I'm using a Windows Vista PC.

#5 Scribe

Scribe

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

There is an online demonstrations from Rick's site under the training link see below.

Downloading additional resources for e-Sword
Scribe

#6 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

one more suggestion is

if you downloaded the modules (it says it has downloaded), you will have to restart e-Sword.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#7 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I've looked at the training link, Help pdf, and FAQ, but they don't address my problem. No files are listed in the downloader when I open it. According to all the helps, it's supposed to list files one can download...both free and premium. Nothing is listed for me. I'm on a home network, and I temporarily turned off Windows Firewall, but I still don't get anything with the e-Sword Module Downloader with the firewall off.

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

e-Sword can't talk to the internet--that's the problem. The cause could be a number of things. Are you running Zone Alarm firewall?

#9 n6days

n6days

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

No, I'm not running Zone Alarm firewall. I only have Windows Firewall, but I temporarily turned it off and restarted e-Sword, but the Module Downloader still would not list any files. Everything else connects fine to the internet...email clients, web browsers, IM clients.

#10 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

No, I'm not running Zone Alarm firewall. I only have Windows Firewall, but I temporarily turned it off and restarted e-Sword, but the Module Downloader still would not list any files. Everything else connects fine to the internet...email clients, web browsers, IM clients.

What antivirus are you using? Try disabling that as a test. What is your "home network" that you mentioned earlier?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users