Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

MySword for Droid Modules

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#41 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

Hi jonjas,

We cannot convert/post the ESV Bible without permission from the publisher. MySword has tried to get permission, but were denied for offline mobile Bible software.

Maybe if users of the ESV translation bombard them with emails asking them to allow the translation in MySword... I have no idea if that would help, but you never know :).

#42 lnlandersjr

lnlandersjr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBartlesville, OK

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

I am a newbie to this site. I recently found MySword when I switched from a BlackBerry to a Galaxy S2. I love the MySword software, but I have been unable to figure out how to get some of the "protected" Bible versions (NASB, NRSV, NKJV, NIV) I had. I used to use Sword (ver. 1.5), but had switched to e-Sword for a number of reasons. These "protected" versions were on Sword 1.5. I would like to get these Bibles onto MySword. Is there a reasonably easy way to do so?

Blessings!

#43 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:39 AM

Hello Inlandersjr,

Unfortunately, these Bibles cannot easily be migrated to MySword. MySword does not have permission to distribute these Bibles.

The MySword software is the best mobile Bible study software I have seen and I have tried a lot of them, but only public domain Bibles can be distributed for MySword.

Blessings,
Peter

#44 lnlandersjr

lnlandersjr

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBartlesville, OK

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Peter,

Thanks for the response. I agree with you that MySword is the best mobile Bible study software I have ever seen and I, too, have tried a lot of previous ones.

I had assumed these versions were not normally available through MySword due to licensing issues. However, I have purchased licenses for them for 2 different desktop programs, e-Sword and Crosswire's The Sword Project; I also have NASB, NKJV, and NRSV for my old BlackBerry where I used the Beik's Bible Reader. I would really like to be able to get at least these versions available with MySword so I will be able to do sermon preparation when I am away from my home library.

I am still using e-Sword ver. 8 on my desktop. I worked with Rick when he first brought out version 9, but was never able to get it to work with all the "stuff" I had accumulated and which worked with version 8.

If there is some way to get these converted, it would be a great help to me.

#45 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

Inlandersjr,
I just sent you an email.
Blessings,
Peter

• Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

Please, if it possibile, can you conver modules of "Bible Students" in to android.

http://biblestudentd...es/e-sword.html

Please!!!

#47 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi Vlady,

I can attempt to convert them this week sometime and send them too you. I am assuming you need just the combined files? Do these files have a copyright statement? Do we need permission?

Thanks,
Peter

• Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hi Vlady,

I can attempt to convert them this week sometime and send them too you. I am assuming you need just the combined files? Do these files have a copyright statement? Do we need permission?

Thanks,
Peter

No permission is need. Thes book is off copiright for a 100 years, as wel.
And brethren wil bee happy if it will bee converted for android too.
Actualy i work too translate this volums in italian. And i need them very much in "offline".
I will bee very gratefull if it possibile to convert them. I have no capacity to make it myself.
Sorry my bad english. Lord bless you for you work! If there be some thing particulare make know to email
vlady100@mail.ru

• Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Combined files ok! what i need it's just open them offline i my samsung note!

#50 pfpeller

pfpeller

• Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Vlady,
I just tried to send you an email with a MySword module, let me know if you do not get it.
Blessings,
Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users