Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

NASB + marking's what are they for

7 replies to this topic

#1 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

Php 3:11 N1in orderG1513b that I may R1attainG2658 to the resurrectionG1815 from the deadG3498.
Php 3:12 Not that I have alreadyG2235 R1obtainedG2983 it orG2228 have alreadyG2235 R2become perfectG5048, but I pressG1377 on N1soG2532 that I may R3layG2638 holdG2638 of that N2for whichG3739 alsoG2532 I R4was laidG2638 holdG2638 of by R5ChristG5547 JesusG2424.

When I opened the NASB + file in E-sword 10.0.5 it had these markings [ bold blue ]. What are they for? What do they mean? I did some searching via Google but no luck with an answer. I tried holding over them and you get a list of verse ref's but not sure what they are for?

Gal 2:20

I’m willing to compromise about many things, but not the Word of God 

There must be conviction before there can be conversion 

#2 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

the N stands for footnote. the R stands for cross-reference. the notes/references are in the NASB commentary file.

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

They function like the Strong's numbers, but give the information usually found in the center line concordance. Hover your mouse over them, but because they are so small, the "sweet spot" for seeing the info window is exceptionally small.
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

I purchased the NASB through E-sword.net. It does not look like I have the NASB comment file. Any suggestion as to where I can get this file?

#5 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

There is no comment file (or rather no separate comment file) as far as I know. As I said, the "Sweet spot" to open the Reference or Footnote window is very small.

It is also possible that if you got your NASB set before 8/17/10 you got it before they added the footnote and reference tool tips.

What version of e-Sword are you using?
Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#6 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

It used to come with the cmtx file that contained the footnotes. I have it.

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:45 PM

Right, they used to come with the CMTX. They now come with an all-in-one version. I've seen an unencrypted version of the module and the comments are embedded in the RTF. It's very slick how Rick did it. But it's temperamental (doesn't always work as expected when creating the footnotes for a resource) and he said that's why he hasn't opened up that bblx format to user-created modules. Thus, the Bible footnote system only works if the module is encrypted. That's the long and short of it.

#8 Silverhair

Silverhair

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:11 PM

I had a major meltdown of my desktop so will be rebuilding my files. When I pickup my NASB it my have the comx file in it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users